The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Hindu shuffle finesse (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cardguy52
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Cardguy52
Looking to see if anyone can point me to where this finesse is published for the hindu shuffle. I know I’ve read it or seen it on a DVD, just can’t remember where.

This is a finesse to show multiple cards before executing the force.

https://youtube.com/shorts/xzplSk78_Jw?feature=share
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1227 Posts

Profile of mlippo
You can find it explained in card College vol. 1, pages 158-159.

After learning it from there, I've ALWAYS used it before executing the force. I always show three indifferent cards before re-assembling the pack and then go into the actual move.

Mark
Ray J
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1503 Posts

Profile of Ray J
Or this source...

Eddie Taytelbaum Super Flustration flushtration, hindu shuffle alternative July 1981 Apocalypse Vol. 1-5 (Vol. 4 No. 7) Page: 512

And if you don't have that volume, you should.
It's never crowded on the extra mile....
Jorib
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of Jorib
I love Giobbi but no news and mystery I'm a Lorayne fan. He has described this handling (and variations) in a number of books since the very first Close up card magic. Also check an excellent finesse for ending up with the forced card on top of the left hand batch (assuming one takes packets from top of the deck with left hand during the shuffle) in his...And finally (if I remember correctly it's also described in the Magic book). So much, so good and still so usable stuff in books dated back some 40 - 50 years ago! How ahaed you were Mr. Lorayne. God bless you!!
Claudio
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1946 Posts

Profile of Claudio
It may be argued that adding subtleties to the HSF is running when you’re not being chased, but sometimes you are being chased and being prepared is reassuring.

I agree that Lorayne's take on the HSF is excellent and I believe more deceptive than the original. Furthermore, the forced card can easily be controlled to the top of the deck by completing the Hindu shuffle. Very slick.

Here's a more recent and genuine improvement to the HSF: Camilo Vazquez’s The Dragon Shuffle published in Steve Beam’s Semi-Automatic Card Tricks Vol. 5.

The card to be forced may be 2nd, 3rd etc from the bottom of the deck, therefore you can show that the bottom cards do change during the shuffle and nevertheless force the card in the first run, i.e. no need to complete the shuffle and start again.

It’s a little gem well worth the time spent to master it.
Jorib
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of Jorib
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2021, Claudio wrote:
It may be argued that adding subtleties to the HSF is running when you’re not being chased, but sometimes you are being chased and being prepared is reassuring.

I agree that Lorayne's take on the HSF is excellent and I believe more deceptive than the original. Furthermore, the forced card can easily be controlled to the top of the deck by completing the Hindu shuffle. Very slick.

Here's a more recent and genuine improvement to the HSF: Camilo Vazquez’s The Dragon Shuffle published in Steve Beam’s Semi-Automatic Card Tricks Vol. 5.

The card to be forced may be 2nd, 3rd etc from the bottom of the deck, therefore you can show that the bottom cards do change during the shuffle and nevertheless force the card in the first run, i.e. no need to complete the shuffle and start again.

It’s a little gem well worth the time spent to master it.

I agree on the absolutely wonderful handling by Camilo Vazquez. It can also be found in Frank Garcia's Exclusive card miracles. When you say we stand on the shoulders of giants....
Cardguy52
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Cardguy52
Funny enough, the routine by Camilo Vazquez is what I am working on!

It should be noted that in the video above I am dropping blocks of cards not just a single like what is described in Camilo’s routine, to show different cards on the face of the deck.

It was that idea (dropping blocks to show multiple cards) that I was trying to see if it’s in print and attributed to anyone in particular.

But now I think it’s just standard handling for this shuffle, though I don’t see a lot of people doing it.
Claudio
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1946 Posts

Profile of Claudio
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2021, Cardguy52 wrote:
Funny enough, the routine by Camilo Vazquez is what I am working on!

It should be noted that in the video above I am dropping blocks of cards not just a single like what is described in Camilo’s routine, to show different cards on the face of the deck.

It was that idea (dropping blocks to show multiple cards) that I was trying to see if it’s in print and attributed to anyone in particular.

But now I think it’s just standard handling for this shuffle, though I don’t see a lot of people doing it.

You're not demoing the Camilo Vazquez handling though, which is more subtle. In the correct handling of the latter, a top block is pulled off the top to cover the "move" (as described in SACT V5 instead of a single top card as described in the incorrect write-up in Exclusive Card Miracles).
Cardguy52
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Cardguy52
Your right, I’m not demoing Camilo’s handling. Like I said, I'm dropping blocks of cards instead of taking singles off the bottom. Kind of like what you would do to set a key card with this shuffle.

I’ll will have to take a look at his description in the Steve Beam book, as I'm working off the handling put forth in the Frank Garcia book.
martydoesmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1670 Posts

Profile of martydoesmagic
The first person I saw demonstrate the dropping blocks subtlety with the Hindu Shuffle was Max Maven. I'm not sure if it originates with him, although I wouldn't be surprised if it did.
Cardguy52
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Cardguy52
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2021, martyjacobs wrote:
The first person I saw demonstrate the dropping blocks subtlety with the Hindu Shuffle was Max Maven. I'm not sure if it originates with him, although I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

Thanks Marty, it was Max Maven performing it that I was trying to remember. It was in his talk at EMC 2011.

Thanks for jogging my memory, now it’s time to pull those dvds off the shelf and give them a rewatch.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Hindu shuffle finesse (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL