The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Trick idea (produce aces with riffle pass) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

n0x
View Profile
New user
Germany
26 Posts

Profile of n0x
First of all I don't know if this "trick" (if I can call it like this) already exists. I've just learned a kind of riffle pass for myself and amazed of this sleight I thought about how I could use it. so I came to the following:

4 aces + 3 other cards
=> order: ace (face up), other card (face down), ace (face up), other card (face down), ace (face up), other card (face down), ace (face up)

put the cards anywhere in the deck. now get your finger over the first ace, produce it with riffle pass, show it blabla, do a cool cut to get the packe with the aces to the left again, put your finger under the top card of the left pack (between the next face up ace and the face down card) => produce again and so on

I know this trick is a bit risky cause you do the same sleight several times, but I think if someone really gets a smooth riffle pass this producing would look really nice.

again sorry if this "trick" was already created by another person, if so, please tell me or correct me, thank you =)
LiquidSn
View Profile
Elite user
New York
472 Posts

Profile of LiquidSn
Yes, this is a basic idea. But its very risky to do 4 passes in a row.

try this. try to produce all 4 aces at the same time Smile that way the audience won't have to sit through 4 phases that look excatly the same.

"oh hey... produced the first ace! wow.. ok... theres the 2nd... hmm let me guess.. wow.. surprise..... 3 aces.. I wonder if the 4th ace is going to be the same way.. oh I'm right."
Blog about magic. by me.

Http://www.doublefacers.com
n0x
View Profile
New user
Germany
26 Posts

Profile of n0x
Ya I saw this also on a small video from a chinese guy, while doing the riffle pass he made a kind of move to fan them out while appearing, lokked pretty cool but a bit hard for a beginner like me *g* so I thought about easier stuff. anyways thanks for your reply =)
artwo
View Profile
Veteran user
South England
332 Posts

Profile of artwo
I think if your riffle pass is really good, atleast 3 stages could be amazing. Maybe get the first 2 aces with a face down riffle pass, and then the next with a face up one. Build it up.

Its not strong enough for a stand alone effect probably, but if you needed the four aces, it would be a nice way to produce them.

--art--
Fayaad Manie
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of Fayaad Manie
If you are going to go thru the riffle pass 4 times to make it visually appear on the top, you might as well have the four aces on the bottom of the deck face-up and produce them by bottom palming and doing a color change 4 times.
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
4 Ace productions are better if you use simple cuts, color changes and dealings. The way you do it with passes is quite cool but risky and people will have less reactions because they know you for your skill not for your ability to amaze audiences..

try using simpler moves unless you're entertaining people with flourishes,...

..just a suggestion...
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
I think repeating Riffle Pass and Cut many times is not a good strategy. Maybe varying method of revealation would improve visual impact.

For example :

1st Ace is revealed by Riffle Pass.
2nd Ace is revealed by Slip Cut.
3rd Ace is revealed by Passing top card to bottom.
4th Ace is revealed by very slowly by Erdnase Change.

You throw first 3 Aces very quickly as soon as each is revealed.

It takes 10 seconds.

Hideo Kato

P.S.
Good point in this continuous revelations is that you can quickly get ready for next revelation as soon as you throwed an Ace.

Before you start this revelations, you'd better show the top portion of the deck. This would enhance the merit of first Riffle Pass.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Trick idea (produce aces with riffle pass) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL