The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Triad Coins - Last Vanish (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Joaquin
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of Joaquin
Hey Coin Guys

Does anyone knows where I can ind more information about the last vanish in Triad Coins from Joshua J?

I know where the coin goes but I would like to find about ofher ways / moves to put it there. My hands movements are not looking very natural

Your Help will be appreciated

Take Care
Paul Budd
View Profile
Elite user
It's a shame he's only made
435 Posts

Profile of Paul Budd
No.....not really. Are you using exactly the same kind of watch he uses?
His face isn't really this long in-person!
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
I just sleeve it. It's only one coin at that point, so you can do lots with it.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Sleeving sure seems harder and riskier with a nest like that. It might split apart which would be pretty bad if something fell or made a sound...
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
If you drop it right You can do a pockit dich!:)
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
JoeHohman
View Profile
Special user
Erie
706 Posts

Profile of JoeHohman
I like the suggestions from Fonda57 (I have been able to do this) and David Neighbors (Mr. Neighbors, you mean the shirt pocket, right?).

You might also consider a hold-out for the last coin. I have Sean's Secret Servante, which could be used with a jacket, a hoodie, a heavy flannel shirt, etc.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Good suggestions here. 😊

As to the last coin in these types of routines, I have done it in all different ways, but came to enjoy using a little miniature wand, about 4” that I’ve had for some time now. At the beginning of the effect, I will ask a spec to hold it for me, and that I might need it at the end. I like this because it brings about greater participation. Upon getting to the last coin, I RV the coin to the left hand and have the spec wave the little wand over the hand a few times and tap it, and it is gone. 😁 I then take the little wand in my right hand at the fingertips and show my hands openly (via a little Liwag Subtlety) to seal the deal 😉 before putting it all away. No ditch required and quite a bit of added fun right before their very eyes...and they helped. 😊
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
I have Done THe Pocket drop in a Shirt, A vest Pocket, And a coat Pocket ! Smile Or just Do I Spider vanish And then go to your Pocket Or your Close up Bag For your next trick ! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
The coins seem well enough made that they shouldn't come apart. Still you could do Roth's spidey grip vanish. Or make something up and tell us all about it. Smile
MysteroMagic
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of MysteroMagic
Spidel watch has been my good friend for the last disappearance. I don't know if I fool anyone, but I feel good about it.
MysteroMagic
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of MysteroMagic
Spidel watch band has been my good friend for the last disappearance. I don't know if I fool anyone, but I feel good about it.
Bozman
View Profile
New user
Massachusetts
92 Posts

Profile of Bozman
I really like the triad coins routine but found that I don't have confidence to perform it th3 same way (total vanish at the end).
I have tried this a few times with family. After initial puzzlement, they immediately point to the watch. I think this has less to do with the technique and more that the spec is looking for an explanation and the watch is the closest thing they most recently seen next to the coin. I haven't tried it for pure laymen (magician's family doesn't count heh) as I'm not sure if most would also immediately suspect the watch.
The wand idea sounds like a good way to disassociate where they last saw the coin because THEY were holding the wand.
Bozzy
magojose|
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of magojose|
It’s better done with a rubber band wristwatch than with a metalic one. The first gives you an enhanced adherence to the coin and hold it secure on proper position effortless, so you can forget about it ‘till the end of your act
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
2 words:

1.Dean
2.Dill

He just puts the *** thing in his pocket!(along with the "invisible" coin that he just "hung in the air"...LMAO!...

I use it with a Chinese (i'm sure knock-off, since I got it in China) version and I thought it would never "fly" (get the little joke I did there?
Smile )

OMG, with the routining of actually putting NOTHING away for the first coin it absolutely WORKS and you end up with zero coins.

(Can I post vids here? )

Bryn
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Interesting, my friend…show us more. 😊
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3509 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
I am in agreement with Mb. 🙂
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Here's what I do to end totally clean: (and It's inspired HEAVILY by a Dean Dill handling.)

I "vanish" a coin (via the turtle) and "hang it in the air." (I actually set it on an "invisible dusty shelf" which is a ploy I use that ties in with one of my productions of the coins, where I blow off the dust and rub it clean to become visible, while I'm actually loading it via finger palm.)

I then, with a totally and legit empty hand, "take" that invisible coin off the shelf and put it in my pocket for "safekeeping." The primes the specs for the final, actual, vanish.

When it comes to the final vanish, where "3 are 1" and all safely reunited in the turtle, I do a fake-take (or ROV, or whatever you prefer) of the entire thing. With the entire "turtle-package" in finger palm, and the hand that just did the take-take slightly open to "display" the final coin (I'm finding I get much better reactions, and it looks more natural, to not close the actually empty hand in a death-grip of the non-existent coin) I then do the following:

Almost as an afterthought, I decide to take the 2nd invisible coin off the shelf and put that one as well in my pocket...again, for safe-keeping, of course!
In reality, I have the entire package in FP, and displaying an empty palm ala-Ramsey, I take that coin and put it (AND THE ENTIRE PACKAGE!) in my pocket as well.

I'm now left with zero actual coins in play, but they think that 3rd coin is in my slightly-cupped palm. Home free. I "take" that coin and put it on the invisible shelf and vanish it. Eyes naturally go to the hand that just "held" it, but then I "take" that invisible coin on the shelf, and "hand" it to THEM for safekeeping to finish.

What I like about this handling is that all actual coin are out of play LONG before the final vanish, when the heat is most on.

I'm finding that I get SO much mileage outta doing effects with coins that were never there....

I'll video my handling sometime soon, and hopefully can post it here (if not, at least a link to my @darkmountainarts Instagram or TIkTok)

Bryn
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3509 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Very sweet handling Bryn.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Bryn, I’m proud of you…that’s some good thinking as to a lot of coin stuff. And that it is from one of the best mentalist out there, well, this is what it means to succeed. 😁👍🏽

I like the play of the routine and you have totally taken advantage of what the specs see, or think they see. 😉 My man, Wravyn here is right, “Sweet!” 😊

Look forward to you posting a quick vid on it when you get some time. Thanks for letting us know how you gitter-done, sounds like a winner. 😊

mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
MB & Wravyn:

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm so glad I got "back into" coins & close-up after a couple decade hiatus to focus on mentalism.

I'm also finding a few of the psychological ploys I've found valuable in my mentaism, coupled with sleight-of-hand with coins and rings, pays true dividends.

(Add in some GAFFS to that mix and OMG! Smile

Bryn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Triad Coins - Last Vanish (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL