The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Are the Color Monte instructions really this bad? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
salmononius2
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of salmononius2
Brent Braun and Andy DeFrane recently released their handling of Color Monte. You can see a video on the product page, and man does it look good.

https://brickandmortarmagic.com/collecti......-defrane
Nikodemus
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
Thanks for posting that link.
To be honest, I was not terribly impressed. But I think it deserves a thread of its own so I started one here -

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......um=201#0
Nikodemus
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
Thomas J has very kindly sent me a PM with the following explanation of the instructions.
I have boldened the bit that I think is relevant -

One day a guy approached me and said he’d give me a chance to win some money. He had three cards. Two of them had a red spot, one had a blue one. He told me that the blue spot was the money card. He showed me it was on top. Then he put the top card on the bottom. He said if I could tell him where the blue one was I’d win a dollar…if I was wrong I’d owe him a dollar. I said “that’s easy…it’s on the bottom.” (Turn packet over) He said “You owe me a dollar.”
I said “Well, I’ve got a fifty-fifty chance. I think it’s on top.” (Step 4).
He said, “You owe me a dollar.” I said, “Well, it has to be in the middle.” (Step 5). He said, “You owe me a dollar.” I said “Wait a minute, I don’t think you even have a blue one. (Step 6) He said “You owe me a dollar.” I said “Well, if it’s on the bottom, it sure can’t be on top.” (Step 4). He said “You owe me a dollar.”…

It seems to me that saying “Well, I’ve got a fifty-fifty chance. I think it’s on top.” is better than just "Okay, I think it's on top".
But not as good as saying "“Well, I’ve got a fifty-fifty chance. It's either in the middle or on top. I think it’s on top."

For me the crucial phrase to justify The Move is when you allude to it being a choice of top or middle card. So it turns out the answer to my query is the instructions are better than I thought, but not as good as they should be.

Thanks everyone. Especially ThomasJ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Are the Color Monte instructions really this bad? (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL