The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Looking for a specific poker chip (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
I wasn't sure where to post this question so if its in the wrong place or I post it in more than one forum please forgive me.

Is there such a thing as a three in one poker chip ie a poker chip that is basically the same as a Triple Threat coin rather than a split coin ?
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
As an off-the-shelf product, with real poker chips (rather than stickers)? Not to my knowledge no. And this is harder than normal coins since they're typically made out of clay, so can't be stretched/reduced as easily as typical turtles are.

You might be able to construct something yourself, but the tolerances for the shims might not be as good as a custom one.
A triple TUC would be best to what you want, but that doesn't seem to exist.
A regular TUC is also close, but doesn't have the third.
As far as I can tell, the TUC uses a reduced insert (I don't have one, so I'm not 100% certain), but if that's the case, and the outer part is the size of a normal chip, then in theory you could buy a Tango (expanded) turtle in the matching color, and it would fit over. But I'm not sure if it would have the right m*****c properties.

So, not quite a TT, and I'm not 100% sure it's possible. But it's probably the closes you'll get (and at a fairly reasonable price) without a lot more effort.

I hope that helps - let us know if you try it out and if they're compatible/how it turns out!
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
The TUC is the size of a normal coin. The extra [ on the triple is expanded and will fit over poker chips as well. No magnetic property.
Marcello made me a C/S poker chip matching chips of both colors and I have used a Chinese coin [ with those. Edge problems, though.

There are steel core poker chips that could be shaved for use with the TUC but there always edge problems.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
What extra [ on the triple? Do you mean a non-poker chip Triple TUC? Because that doesn't give the OP the TT that they're looking for.
And while I know the coin-based TUCs are unexpanded, I'm not certain if the poker chip one is similar, since I don't have it, and the coin properties are different, thus my word of warning. (The final [ on a Triple TUC is also shimmed - or at least it is in the one I have.

In case it wasn't clear in my previous post, Tango sells a Poker Chip TUC, as well as a poker chip expanded [, thus why I suggested combining them together to get something similar but not exactly the same as a Triple Threat - assuming the sizes worked.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Thanks for the input guy's whilst not quite what I'm looking for its given me something to think about.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Looking for a specific poker chip (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL