The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Sometimes it's the little things (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vick
View Profile
Inner circle
It's taken me 10+ years to make
1120 Posts

Profile of Vick
Very interesting and gratifying experience when performing last Sunday.
A gentleman saw me and asked if I would be performing later where he was as his sons had enjoyed seeing me perform before.

Knowing that I'm nothing without audiences it's very unlikely I'll ever turn down a request.

Entering the venue I see the man with his family and they are about as far away from me as could be, so I call out to one of his sons to be my assistant. The two boys aren't sure which one I meant (they both had blue shirts on) so they both come down. I notice the older boy is taking a little longer and it looks like he may be limping. The younger boy looks to be about 6 and the older boy about 8.

Did a short Malini Egg bag routine with the younger boy. As I turn to the older son I notice his entire left arm is prosthetic as is his left leg. His right hand's fingers stop at the first digit. I could feel the brace he was in through his shirt. Went on with the bottle through body I planned, the boy said he was a little scared. I told him he was a very brave young man and we'll be alright. The illusion went perfectly and the crowd loved the young boy and gave him a great round of applause. His face beamed.

Sometimes it's the little things.
Unique, Thought Provoking & Amazing Magical Entertainment Experiences
Illusions By Vick
Blog of a real world working magician
Magic would be great, if not for magicians
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Wonderful story, Vick!

Thanks for sharing with us and of course you are so right it's the little things. When moments like this unexpectedly happen to us, like your experience or something similar, most of us can just feel good how magic allowed us to make it happen.

Chrystal
prettylady1990
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of prettylady1990
That story touched my heart.
Listening to that story made me feel sorry for the young boy but he must be ever so brave.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Sometimes it's the little things (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL