The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Legacy System (124 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17
brehan
View Profile
Special user
holland
668 Posts

Profile of brehan
Guys,hoe good does it work with the pencil? And how Many times do you need to replace it?

Of jou use the app/note in the open do you get questions?
Many questions thanks for your answers!

Brehan
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1130 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
Quote:
On May 1, 2023, brehan wrote:
Guys,hoe good does it work with the pencil? And how Many times do you need to replace it?

Of jou use the app/note in the open do you get questions?
Many questions thanks for your answers!

Brehan

Pencil the preferred application for me. Only replaced it twice in around 250 performances.

The first routine I developed used the notes, I wrote this up in a previous post. Never got questioned on using the notes, possibly partly because of the subtle way I introduced the phone first so it was already in play. Even if just batantly using them though if your excuse & acting is reasonable it's not an issue.

For the average layman, the whole concept of Legacy just does not enter their mind as a possible solution.

Having now applied the RFID and remote in performances I can tell you the strongest impact effects for sure are with the remote. Why? Nothing ever written down by your helper! It's as pure thought reading as it gets. I now think of the remote as an easy to use Swami gimmick. Two best applications are numbers (Lotto type effect) and zodiac signs.

One of the strongest things I now do with Legacy with a small group or parlour performance is begin an effect with some of Scryer's reading methods for 3 people (no visible props). Around half way through the reading I suddenly lift the tempo and say "I believe I now know each of your zodiac signs, please don't say anything but focus your mind on your personal star sign by simply repeating it inside your head. Let me jot down the impressions while I am receiving them and we will come back to this...".

Remove wallet, open up and take out a business card which I then rest on the wallet to 'write' on and bluff writing down the three signs, have someone sign or initial the back of the business card. Business card then goes back into the wallet "...not sure if I am correct but we will come back to this in a moment." Wallet goes on table or somewhere in view, even in my pocket again is fine if I am doing strolling and no tables are available. The whole attitude and acting is what is important. This little episode is played down as not the main event, but an aside that just came to you and you wanted to quickly record the information to refer back to it.

I then resume the Scryer method and continue the readings for each of the 3 participants. Final line as I remove the card my wallet again, "...and if all this is true then hopefully the Zodiac sign impressions I wrote down earlier will confirm it for us although I am really not sure I got all three correct. Obviously we never met before, but some people here may already know your sign. However for the benefit of those who don't, before I show my impressions please let everyone here know which signs you are..." They reply for example Aries, Leo and Capricorn. Inputs are now done via remote. I delay for around 30 seconds referring back to the readings with specific points that match their signs and asking the person who signed the card I wrote on to verify their signature. I then have them read out the signs.

They never wrote anything down or picked out some kind of card, this comes across as very pure thought reading. I have also used the RFID and experimented with layered methods. There are so many ways to design high impact personalised effects I am sure the best is yet to come.
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
brehan
View Profile
Special user
holland
668 Posts

Profile of brehan
Thanks for answering Al????
Wich off scryers reading do you use?
Brehan
prankmonster
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of prankmonster
It's been a while! How are the Legacy owners feeling?

If anyone is looking to sell the complete kit that includes the small wallet kit + remote, please PM!
DoubleDutched
View Profile
New user
Amsterdam
74 Posts

Profile of DoubleDutched
I created a routine for this using the NFC Cards, and it does well. A couple times I've had it mess up in a very strange way. Not ideal. Certainly has worked much more than it has failed. Using the NFC reader (if well hidden) is so clean - lets you focus on the presentation.

Mechanically, it does leave somethings to be desired - however the impact it makes is out of this world.
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------John Dream------------If you can Dream it, you can Do it!
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2023, DoubleDutched wrote:
I created a routine for this using the NFC Cards, and it does well. A couple times I've had it mess up in a very strange way. Not ideal. Certainly has worked much more than it has failed. Using the NFC reader (if well hidden) is so clean - lets you focus on the presentation.

Mechanically, it does leave somethings to be desired - however the impact it makes is out of this world.

Hi, may I ask what you mean by: Mechanically, it does leave somethings to be desired?

Thanks
Presentation is everything!

If you can Dream it, you can Do it!

The eXtreme SVENPAD Supreme eBook
TheAmazingDrScott
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingDrScott
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2022, Bottom Drawer wrote:
Great news a Facebook group for Legacy is starting. All the great performers will be coming up with great presentation ideas here.
Awesome.

Good Magic All .

BD

Hi, I'm an owner of the Legacy System, and can't seem to find that Facebook group. Can you please send me a link? I also sent in a request with support.
TheAmazingDrScott
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 26, 2022, Joao Miranda wrote:
I guarantee you most users are LOVING it:

https://postimg.cc/FdhKhZkm

Also we have a brand new method to extend ink life for a week of performances as we are running tests with one special ink and the results have been phenomenal so far.

Hi there! What's the current status of this? Thanks!
TheAmazingDrScott
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Quote:
On Mar 20, 2022, Joao Miranda wrote:
Here is one of my original effects with Legacy.

More to come!

It was literally my first attempt with a spectator ever so sorry for the lame presentation.

I honestly think that this is a miracle in the spectator eyes.

Enjoy

This is awesome!
TheAmazingDrScott
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Quote:
On Dec 17, 2023, prankmonster wrote:
It's been a while! How are the Legacy owners feeling?

If anyone is looking to sell the complete kit that includes the small wallet kit + remote, please PM!

Hey I am LOVING it. Am using it in all sorts of creative ways and haven't even had to change my pencil nib yet. Let me know if you have any questions!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Legacy System (124 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL