The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » What do you think are the best performances of card magic on Penn & Teller's Fool Us? (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2023, Tim Roesch wrote:
Wes Iseli’s performance of his routine Flip

It was a great card trick indeed.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
It's funny but a lot of the acts ive enjoyed didn't actually fool them but one magician that fooled them that I really enjoyed was Kostya Kimlat with his triumph routine.
Renzel
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Renzel
In my opinion one of the best acts is definitely the performance of Dani DaOrtiz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_KcQt0z-eE
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2022, martyjacobs wrote:
I have a lot of favourites, too many to mention. However, I often prefer acts that do not fool Penn & Teller (I'm not sure why). Michael Vincent's sublime performance from the pilot series is still one of the best. He does some difficult sleight of hand right under the noses of Penn and Teller in his signature elegant style; even for a pro like Mike, that's a lot of pressure!

Doesn't get much better!
AceOfShades
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of AceOfShades
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2023, warren wrote:
It's funny but a lot of the acts ive enjoyed didn't actually fool them but one magician that fooled them that I really enjoyed was Kostya Kimlat with his triumph routine.

I really enjoyed the trick, and hearing Penn discuss on his podcast the backstory of the trick made it much funnier.

Here is a video Kostya put up with that podcast audio: https://youtu.be/MuKail7Jwwg
MikeLarkin
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of MikeLarkin
Jay Sankey knocked ‘em dead!
spudster85
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Kentucky
111 Posts

Profile of spudster85
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2023, warren wrote:

I remember watching this for the first time. Completely blew me away. I reacted similar to Penn. Then I learned how he did it. Even more impressive! I have tried and tried, my fingers do not work that way!

I also loved Dani Doaritz. Shawn Farquhar was great. Same with Boris Wild. All foolers. All totally deserving. So glad to see such huge talent on a large scale mainstream show.
User101
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of User101
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2022, Kjellstrom wrote:
Boris Wild. Impossible Card Trick.

Check it out:
https://youtu.be/Nu1ol_3eDs0

No way to back track that as a viewer,I believe the performance has been edited.
balbec
View Profile
New user
few
62 Posts

Profile of balbec
Boris Wild indeed
Chris.k
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Chris.k
My favourite is kostya kimlat
Jorib
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of Jorib
Paul Gertner's Cups and (steel) balls.
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
All performers mentioned in this topic are astonishing foolers....but I have watched the Dani DaOrtiz performance over and over, and even bought the effect/explanation. But there is something in Dani's performance that is extra special in his humor, his "welcome to my world", his "I don't care what you choose" that is just so charming and fun. That's why he's my choice for best. Lynn
Beny
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Beny
I've been watching a lot recently and my favorite is Kostya Kimlat, that WTF face he put on pen and teller faces was amazing, plus it's been a super useful product easy to learn that needs lot of practice to master used now every day

Dani Daortiz is another genius, and you see the explanations and it just makes it even more valuable
RyanWhiteside
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of RyanWhiteside
No mention of shin lim so far is criminal
Pedrovincent
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Pedrovincent
I would have to say Dani DaOrtiz. The amount of times his acts could have gone wrong for giving the audience too much leeway just shows what a master of psychology he is.

Cheers
Pedro
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » What do you think are the best performances of card magic on Penn & Teller's Fool Us? (20 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL