The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » What is the name of the jumbo card trick? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mfmooney
View Profile
New user
Mattapoisett, MA
1 Post

Profile of mfmooney
I lost all my magic in a house fire and trying to replace some of it. One trick that I am looking for is a pair of jumbo decks (not complete) and one has random series of cards and the other are all one card but also have another card all of one suit with roughing solution on it so when you show the crowd, it all looks like the 3 of hearts, but when a person picks a card they take end up taking a different card (like the King of spades). You show the audience and the person picked from the audience your deck of cards. They see they are all different. You then show the audience the deck of cards that the spectator will pick from and the audience sees all 3 of hearts (thinking the spectator can only pick a 3 of hearts). You pick a card from the normal deck and tell everyone that you are going to predict what card the spectator selects. They see you go for the 3 of hearts, but you take the King of Spades which is right on top of the 3 of hearts and you hide the selection from everyone. The spectator then selects their card from the one way deck and because they have all 3 of hearts, (with the king of spades on top of each 3 of hearts with roughing solution on them) they think the spectator is selecting the 3 of hearts but you hand them a king of spades. When they show their card, the audience is surprised to see the King of spades since they saw all 3 of hearts and expecting you to have the 3 of hearts, you also show the king of spades.

Does anyone know the name of that trick or where I can purchase it. I can't seem to find it but I don't recall the name of it.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
(Billy McComb's) McCombical Prediction?

Julie
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Julie nailed it.
Peter Cuddihy
View Profile
Veteran user
Peter S. Cuddihy
369 Posts

Profile of Peter Cuddihy
This is a great effect by the late, great Billy McComb. It is a real crowd pleaser!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
It was also marketed as Don Alan's Great Put On.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » What is the name of the jumbo card trick? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL