The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tempus by Menny Lindenfeld (29 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
harris1850
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of harris1850
Who wears watches anymore, unless it’s an Apple Watch? This is a bit like offering new routines for cigarettes.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
This is seemingly the trick of Magic Live according to Murphy's latest email.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On May 16, 2022, harris1850 wrote:
Who wears watches anymore, unless it’s an Apple Watch? This is a bit like offering new routines for cigarettes.

I agree, very few and far between where watches nowadays.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
saturnkk
View Profile
Veteran user
Commerce Township, MI / Naples, FL
318 Posts

Profile of saturnkk
Quote:
On May 16, 2022, RNK wrote:
Quote:

I agree, very few and far between where watches nowadays.

There typically are a few in most crowds. That said though, those who still wear watches tend to wear them more as "status" symbols and thus they are unfortunately more expensive or designer type watches I feel (than Timex for example).
rodrigez
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of rodrigez
Depends on your clientele. Ha, poster above was faster.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On May 16, 2022, rodrigez wrote:
Depends on your clientele. Ha, poster above was faster.

I will be able to get a good idea this weekend. Performing for a lot of rich folks, strictly adults. So I'll make sure to note whether or not they are wearing watches. But I believe majority definitely are not wearing them anymore. Last gig I did, I specifically remember seeing one person wearing a watch out of 100 or so people. But I wasn't specifically looking.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Noobmaster69
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of Noobmaster69
Quote:

I do. But it's an LCD watch, so not much of a difference, I guess...
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On May 12, 2022, mrmagic0 wrote:
Maybe it's my age but I don't think it is worth any risk to take a spectators watch and stop it. Even if everything works fine if later his watch stops or breaks the magician will be blamed. Not worth it to me.

Ron

Yeah, I must agree with Ron, I'll stick with my Cesaral UTP clock or Alakazam Psyclock II Tempus, understood not the same effect, but don't wish to be blamed for spectators watch failure if it doesn't revive..
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1610 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Ok I saw this at magic live. If one was expecting something new then it would be disappointing. The only thing new here is the ways one can use the original idea and the thinking behind using the gimmick. I stick by my original comment that I personally would not use this for fear of damaging a spectators watch. I will say the extra gimmicks supplied are good thinking but this is not the holy grail for stopping watches.

Ron
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
As I suspected. Thanks Ron.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
So far in the video I like what I see. Nothing new so far but the nuances are helpful and he breaks everything down so well that it instills confidence in being able to do this. Don’t let the fear of hurting a watch stop you from getting this if you like it. It’s really made clear what watch to avoid and many ways to see clearly what NOT to do. Has anyone had trouble with the Facebook group link? I’ve got a great idea to share.
Noobmaster69
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of Noobmaster69
I can't tell if it's of any worth for somebody who's been doing this before but at least for a beginner like me this is really good. He very thoroughly explains how and why this works, what to look out for, what kind of watches to use and not to use, and he even explains how a damaged watch can be recovered if you do use the wrong one.
I can't say much about the routines as I only skipped through a few of them, yet, but I like what I saw.
Grippo's Wish
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Grippo's Wish
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
My full review (and some ideas) is up in my group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/lucavolpeproductions/
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
If anyone wants this, it is 40% off at MJM right now.

https://www.mjmmagic.com/store/tempus-gi......523.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tempus by Menny Lindenfeld (29 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL