The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Copperfield made $57 million last year (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jeff_Hayden
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Hayden
First off, I apologize if this is posted in the wrong place, I couldn't find a "business discussion" section. Since Copperfield does huge illusions, this section was the best fit. I must be overlooking the business section. Anyway...

Holy cow. According to Forbes, David Copperfield made an estimated $57 million last year.

To put it in perspective, he made more money than...

-Tom Hanks
-Kelsey Grammar (grammer? who knows) - no pun intended.
-Jerry Bruckhiemer

and most other big names in entertainment. This is a good thing for the industry. It shows that people are willing to pay for top quality illusion shows and the interest is there.

-Jeff Hayden
Did you see that?
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
There is money to be made in Magic if one knows how to go about it. Maybe not 57 million but enough to live comfortable.
Dennis Michael
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
I believe one year he made 80 million.
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
No wonder he looks so unhappy!
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Remember, David has "no life" other than working his butt off, travelling and working and travelling and working.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
prospero
View Profile
Special user
Elsewhere
572 Posts

Profile of prospero
If you think that's interesting, read the entry for David Blaine, the 98th most powerful person on Forbes' list of 100 most powerful/rich entertainers (this month).
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
That's nothing!

I made $60 million last year. Of course, I had to pre-sell all my limbs and organs on the black market. They're starting to bug me about perhaps having my right hand a little early, so I said "Guys! How am I supposed to do a double lift with just one hand?". Some people just don't get it.

Hehehehehe.

-- Topher
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Buy Rene Lavand's dvds. Smile
JAEIII
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of JAEIII
Yeah, he has actually gone down a bit. At one point he was the 7th highest paid entertainer in the world (I believe now he is the 13th) making over $70 million.
Believe In Magic....I do!
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Does anyone know what David's plans are?

I keep hearing and seeing that he does nothing but work and he looks like he really needs a break....

I'm sure he has enough money saved up to retire....Is he just going to keep touring non-stop until he can't anymore?

I just wish him well and hope he takes a break once in a while.... he works way too hard and too much imho
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
I heard he said that his China Tour was the last time he's touring worldwide...

That's sad... Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
Well he needs the break. When I saw him in KAlamazoo the show that was cancelled the first time due to the accendent. Well he looked worn and hunch back. He look like he could have used a week or two of rest.

he still is the greatest showman around

Michael
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
boboshempy
View Profile
Veteran user
Jersey
373 Posts

Profile of boboshempy
I saw him in AC on Friday and he was great. But I also thought he looked worn and hunch back! He is still the best!
SeanJohn
View Profile
New user
Finland
52 Posts

Profile of SeanJohn
Well I'm waiting his european tour cause last time he was here in Finland (1997) and now it's his "An Intimate Evening Of Grand Illusion with David Copperfield”" tour...
JAEIII
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of JAEIII
The rumor that he would stop touring after China is untrue. This rumor started quite a while ago. His people have already come out and said that the world wide tours would continue (how long, I don't know).

As for when he would slow down or retire...David answered that when Oprah asked him a few years ago..."I'll be flying with a cane..."

I don't see him retiring any time soon. He has said this as well.
Believe In Magic....I do!
The Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Liverpool
267 Posts

Profile of The Magician
Making all that money doing what he loves
The Magician

Expect the Unexpected
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Copperfield made $57 million last year (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL