The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Color change with gaffed cards? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2831 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Hi folks,

Like the Double Lift, the Erdnase Change is well-known as a potentially beautiful effect that's easy to do badly. Since I'm having some trouble with the EC, I wonder if anyone knows of a similar change that uses gaffed cards to make the change easier and more reliable. More generally, I'd be interested in *any* deceptive color change that uses gaff cards and which doesn't have *too* steep a learning curve.

A note about my tastes: I'm not a fan of changes that snap, crackle, and pop. I like changes where one card seems to melt eerily into another.

Thanks for any help people can offer.

Bob
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
A long time ago Nate Liepzig did impressive tricks with the color steal / color change sleights. I’ve seen them performed smoothly and such can look innocent, effortless and magical. The face card seems to melt/change.

John Cornelius had two changes using rear palm which might serve. Look in Expert Card Technique for some about that concealment.

If you have the patience to learn the sleight; the replacement part of The Clip Shift can look like the face card of the deck changes as you give the pack a gentle shake with one hand.

Also… the Marlo Tabled Palm can serve … Smile Smile

A wildcard routine offers several places to routine color changes.

Suggest starting with ECT and Ganson’s book Vernon on Leipzig.

P. S. There’s also some work in print using color changing knives type approaches. The price for “too perfect” is … kind of handled by Hofzinser’s “you hold the card”.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2831 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Thanks as always, Jon. I'll look into these suggestions.

Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Color change with gaffed cards? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL