The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Notifications » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Issues with not receiving notifications when posts are made. It quit working around June.

Thanks

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
Thanks Steven, that's already been reported and I'm looking into it.
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
Ok, I believe I found and corrected the problem. Let me know if not.

Thanks.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Still not working. Appreciate your help.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
I just sent you a test email from the Café server which was accepted by Comcast. The problem was a server DNS setting which I corrected. Before that any emails sent to a Comcast email address were being blocked (by Comcast) because the server's PTR record was malformed. The test email I just sent confirmed that is no longer a problem. The emails you normally would have received before were actually sent but rejected by Comcast and closed (not stored to be resent). Going forward you should receive them normally but will not receive previous notices that were closed/failed.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Ok. Thanks for the help and understanding.

Steve
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Hey Gene, still not getting anything.?
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
Looks ok to me. There was one sent by the Café "Aug 11, 2022, 10:17:10 AM" which was accepted by Comcast. You should have received that one. If not then something else is blocking it, there's nothing I can do there.
saturnkk
View Profile
Veteran user
Commerce Township, MI / Naples, FL
318 Posts

Profile of saturnkk
I am also not getting any notifications. None, not even newly tagged threads for notification...

And I am with Comcast.
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
I looked at yours as well. There haven't been any notifications to be sent since the problem was taken care of, at least that the email server records show. If you know of any posts that were made after 4pm on August 10 that should have sent you a notification please send me an email with the topic URL so I can look into it a little further.
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
Dave Scribner sent me a PM about it too. I'll look and see if maybe something is still amiss with the processes involved and go from there. Thanks for letting me know, I appreciate it.
saturnkk
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of saturnkk
I am getting nothing and there is nothing in my spam folder. I am subscribed to this thread too...
saturnkk
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of saturnkk
Okay so I am still not getting any thread notifications,
But I did get PM email notifications yesterday?!?

Also, some threads will let me "like" a post, some only let me see who has already liked a post (if there are likes already) or do nothing when I hover over to like the post. Different less important issue but odd nonetheless.
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
I'll let you all know once I get to looking at the notification thing. PMs and subscriptions are two different processes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Notifications » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL