The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Macintosh Magicians (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
I have a memory that back before Microsoft stole/appropriated Apple's innovation of a graphic interface for home computers, there were many magicians who preferred to use a Macintosh computer. I'm curious as to whether there are many Café members reading this who are MacMagicians.

I've been using Apple computers since the days of the Apple II series and loved the Apple IIGS. I've used Apple software programs to create videos and DVDs with titles and interactive movies--like my lecture promo video that you should be able to see here:
http://tinyurl.com/sonny-magic-lecture

I used a program a program called HyperStudio on my MacBook to create a video version of a card trick with slates that was published in the old _Science and Mechanics Magic Handbook_. You should be able see the video of that card trick on the IBM Ring 2100 facebook page here:
https://www.facebook.com/amado.narvaez.1......51989121
I created the trick in HyperStudio and used HyperStudio's "Convert to Video" to make the mpeg video.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
JDobbs
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of JDobbs
I actually have a MacBook Pro w/ Parallels software running Windows 11 so I can use the Magic Databases that are available. So yes there are some out here that do use Mac....
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1526 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
We've been an all-Macintosh family since I moved from an Atari computer back in the early 1990s.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Still have a couple of Atari 1040ST with the monitors and software. It was a good little computer. But love all my Macs from the Power PC to mac mini and Imac.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1526 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Richard, Do you remember someone named David Small and his little invention called Spectre? It was a little box containing Macintosh 128 ROMs that you plugged into the cartridge port of an Atari ST and it turned the ST into a Mac.

On Genie and CompuServe, I was (for awhile) the product support person for Gadgets by Small, the name of David & Sandy Small's company. Being involved with that was what turned me onto Macintosh in the first place. As the Atari ST market started dying, I switched to a real Mac.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I think I may still have an ad for the Spectre. I will have to look tomorrow when I am in the short. I started with Atari 800 and then went to 1040. I used a syquest drive for the hard drive. I still have several of them in SCSI and parallel configurations. It was a big deal to have 135 mb cartridge.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Macintosh Magicians (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL