The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Large (!) Amethyst Geode with little miners/carts/tracks inside (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
A few days ago I was in Denver and saw the item mentioned in the title. I left w/out it and and kind of regret it.

They won't ship. Internet search hasn't borne fruit. Curious if anyone has seen someting like this and might have a resource. Unlikely, but always worth a shot.

The geode is about 18" tall x 12" wide.

I can't find a way to post a pic using my phone, but here's a Maps link to the store. Click on 'photos', scroll down and you'll see 3-4 pics.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/36U8CnUgi36U8JKi7

Million to one shot, but making some efforts before considering driving 2 days there, 2 days back to get it, haha.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
It looks like an artist cast some pewter figures ... can't make out the name on the circular plate - but I'm guessing his stuff is on commission to the store.

https://www.naturesexpression.com/Miners......644.html

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GemodditiesLLC......22393000
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Thank you, Jon! I'll look into this.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I remember back in the 70's, I had a job with Alfred Dunhill of London in New York. In the center of the store was a table, made out of a piece of driftwood, cut about a third of the way down. The artist put a thick piece of glass on the bottom piece, then put the top piece back on and strung copper wire throughout the drift wood, with copper "cable cars" hanging from the wires and copper houses set in the driftwood, so it looked like a village set on an rocky island somewhere. This thing was there for MONTHS and we always laughed that no one was EVER going to buy this thing. I came back from lunch once and it was gone! Some group of Japanese tourists had come in and one paid cash (four figures, as I recall) for the thing!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Haha, ya never know! I visited Aspen, CO once and went into a gallery that had all kinds of things, including a 3' stone of chrysocolla. It was beautiful, but the asking price was $106,000. You can get 1" chrysocolla stones for a couple of bucks. I know $ inceases exponentially the bigger stones get, but I do wonder from time to time if it ever sold, and if so, what the actual purchase price was.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Fortunately, the last day of our vacation was also in Denver, and my wife and I were able to go back to the store. We thought about putting it into an overhead bin-sized suitcase for a flight home, but found it was too heavy for that. So I bought it then and there, and they said they would hold it for me till I could drive back to pick it up. After we returned home, I drove back to Denver and got it. I wish the pics did better justice to it (just one of those things that looks better in person). It came with an extra 'miner and ladder' haha, so I put that on top for the photo.

Not for every taste, for sure, but I can't stop looking at it Smile

Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3513 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Congrats on your purchase.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Thanks!

Quote:
On Sep 22, 2022, Wravyn wrote:
Congrats on your purchase.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Large (!) Amethyst Geode with little miners/carts/tracks inside (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL