The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Which Performing Wallet do you Prefer (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
BlakeEverettMagic
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of BlakeEverettMagic
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2022, simplymagicweb wrote:
I’m a full time working magician (28 years OMG) and have owned a few wallets in my time! I only use the wallet for a CTW - as I wear a jacket in performance, my wallet for many years was the JOL EZ wallet, but I have now changed to the brilliant FPS wallet. The FPS is fab as it’s sleek and modern looking, plus as soon as you open it up, the card is in full view which I love.

To use the FPS in my inside jacket pocket, I simply “hang” it so half the wallet is inside the pocket and the other half inside. This makes loading and wallet removal really fast. Love it!

As an aside, I hold my debit cards and other stuff in a Shadow Wallet which I carry around all the time (EDC) purely to have the peek option available at any time if I’m asked to show a quick trick etc! I don’t use it however as my preferred peek method as I just use a pile of business cards for that.

Anyway, good luck with your search for your new wallet.

Thanks for this. I was really interested in the FPS from my research. I have never owned a wallet that doesn't have a billfold, has this ever been an issue for you? Keep in mind, I always carry Extreme Burn with me. I was going to get the quiver CTW, but decided not to for the simple fact that the money clip can't hold the trick. This money clip looks 'extreme burn compatible' but it's definitely something new for me.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Sadly I don’t perform Extreme Burn sorry so can’t really advise on whether the money clip would work with it.
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2022, BlakeEverettMagic wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2022, Paul Rathbun wrote:

I think your concerns are valid, but the coin pouch is on the underside and not really shown or seen. As for the zipper placement, personally I find this much easier to overlook than the strange setup the card is removed from in the real man’s wallet. Plus the jol has card slots on both sides of the wallet which is much more common imo. But I suppose there’s a trade off with whatever wallet you end up with.
Btw, the flap on the coin purse on the jol has a great function. It hooks over the top of your back pocket keeping the wallet in position to load. Other wallets dip too far down in the pocket making them even more difficult to load.

If you’re considering the real man’s or jol I have tried both and my opinion is the jol looks more like a normal wallet and is way easier to load. Your mileage may vary.

Best of luck finding the wallet that is best for you.

Paul

Paul - I apologize if I sounded like I was down on the JOL wallet, I actually really like the look of it, was just trying to be hyper critical since I don't want to end up picking up like 6 wallets (even though I'm sure that will end up being the case, haha). I appreciate you bringing it to my attention.

No problem. Sometimes we see something we like and can't get past it. If the coin pocket and zipper placement bother you, then it may not be for you. For me, the strange compartment that the card comes out of on the Real Man's was an issue. So I went with the JOL.

Best of luck in your search.

-Paul
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Which Performing Wallet do you Prefer (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL