The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Suggestions for order of appearances at show start? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

znelson
View Profile
New user
Dallas, TX
50 Posts

Profile of znelson
I’m working on a new effect that’s a very visual method for multiple appearances. This would be used for the beginning of the show. I’m struggling with how to best choreograph this. My initial thoughts were:

1. Produce two assistants
2. Produce two more assistants
3. Produce magician on motorcycle

But that feels off to me because I think the magician should be the one “producing” the assistants. So then I considered:

1. Produce magician
2. Produce two assistants
3. Vanish magician
4. Produce magician on motorcycle

But that feels a bit off since the magician is there, then not, then back again. What I’m trying to do is improve the show starts where typically assistants walk out and the magician does a Motobox or something. To me that feels too short of an opening experience for a show. I’m leaning towards option #2 above where the magician is first to appear, produces one set of assistants, then vanishes and appears again.

For the record, I am not a performer, but a designer. Any thoughts/suggestions appreciated. Thank you
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Magician magically appears.

Magician makes all four assistants appear magically together with the motorcycle.

PS: He makes his "most precious things appear" or whatnot patter.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
znelson
View Profile
New user
Dallas, TX
50 Posts

Profile of znelson
Thank you, that’s interesting… I don’t think I have the space for all 5 productions simultaneously though. I was thinking the same thing with the patter you’ve suggested. If I produce magician, two assistants, he disappears for 7 seconds, returns with motorcycle I think that can be played like he’s trying to upgrade his appearance since the assistants are so attractive, or as you say, the cycle is another one of his favorite things. I like it, thank you!
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Glad you liked it. Smile

Well, if you are going to do the production again then I suggest you have the Magician play it as...

"They say you can't do the same Magic twice to the same audience.
But I can."

Then the Magician proceeds to produce the other two assistants with the motorcycle.

That would be so cool if it is technically feasible.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Suggestions for order of appearances at show start? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL