The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Well, my FIRST 'new topic' ! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Matthew the Magnificent
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles, California
27 Posts

Profile of Matthew the Magnificent
Okay, already been a bit active with posts... gotta' admit, I am famished, can't wait to feast at the banquet... and knowing that a post HERE is like a 'free tab'... well...

Anyway, so much to say about myself, but tend to be kind of bashful...

It is all gonna' come out in the posts, eventually, probably...anyway.

I have been ACTIVE in Magic for more than 30 years, but over a span of more than 50 years... got interested at 3, and for a time have not been pursuing it...

Fire Eating was my specialty for more than 20 years...

I have done basically all 'types' or 'categories' of Magic... can't really think of one that I have never done... escapes, cards, cigarettes, coins, 'props', stage, close up, strolling, busking, parties, schools, what have you...

I tend to be rather opinionated, and sarcastic, too boot, and READ the 'advice' in the ettiquette areas that specifically advises AGAINST AIRING such things, so I am ATTEMPTING to be 'good'... please, should I ever appear to be brusque or something... I actually happen to be a very warm and kind hearted person... and have gotten in some royal flaming attacks at other magic forums... so it will be a wonderfully welcome 'change of pace' to participate HERE... but, too, it is now kind of 'force of habit' to be a bit offensive, having had to be on the defensive so many times in the recent past... sigh

So, please feel free to ask me ANYTHING at all... can't always give an answer, but will always try !

Best of all to all of you,

Matt 'the Munificent'Savin
Many years & Many experiences in Magic and Related Arts
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Matt,

Good to have you join us and welcome to the Café. It sounds like you have a wealth of experience to share. You'll enjoy the Café atmosphere as even with such a high membership it's a friendly place. Grab a cup of coffee, a comfortable chair and be prepared for lots of informative reading. Have fun!
Matthew the Magnificent
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles, California
27 Posts

Well, thank you, Chrystal !

I was wondering if YOU were also a magician, I have already exchanged some posts with Mary, and learned that she has NEVER ever seen a Magic Act ! Kind of surprising, really... I mean, not even on TV ? !

But I believe that I DID catch one post of yours somewhere in the topics...

There is just such an amazing lack of interest in Magic as a hobby/career for women... I have always wondered about that...

also, sorry, I 'swore off coffee' long ago... in fact my 'screen name' on some sites is 'Tea Taker'... so, are their any cups of Tea laid out somewhere around here ? I keep seeing all these steaming cups of Joe, and it kind'a whets my appetite... ahh, but then the appeal of the banquet... boy, a guy could STARVE out here in the Café, waiting to obtain admittance to that feast !

LOL

Thanks, again, for the warm greeting !

This is the NICEST and most welcome site that I have EVER found on the internet, and as far as Magic Forums go... well, I have been pretty viciously attacked at one other, and most recently a fellow at SAMtalk got banished by others for attacking me there... we since have reached a nice peace thru' emails, and he just invited me to join him HERE, and THAT is how I came to visit...so, you see, THIS SITE is truly a rather specilal one, as far as Magic Forums go !

Sincerely,

Matt Savin Smile
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Matt,
Welcome to the Café. WOW your stage age is older than my age !!! So what can I say to a master who is joining ?? You will be an addition to the Café without any doubt. My gOd Half a century with magic !!! I am sure you will enjoy the Café as much as I do. So be prepared to spend a lot of time. To getbthe most of the Café- and the best- do not forget top post often and please have a cup of strong Turkish Coffee on my bill while you begin to type your next post.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
Matthew the Magnificent
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles, California
27 Posts

Gee, Thanks, Tora !

Uhm, but, well, matter of fact, I USED to love Turkish coffee, made it at home, often, with those tiny cups on a long handle, even... but I actually have tried to 'swear off' coffee... got 'addicted' to it... doesn't anyone have some tea bags around here ?

Guess I should have brought some of my own ? Smile
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Matt,
I am amazed to learn that you know how to make Turkish coffee...Very interesting. Yes the equipment is also the right one...How nice !!! Never mind about the coffee, you may alraedy know that Turkish tea is equally well known worldwide. It is made with a double pot set on top of each other and infused naturally. You can not compare the taste with any of the tea bags around. I have virtually tried all. I hope one day we may be able to talk in the real world and chat over a cup of strong Turkish tea in the traditional small but tranpatert tea cupss without any handles and having even a waist !!! ( they cal these as the lady waisted tea glasses).
Welcome again...
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Matthew the Magnificent
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles, California
27 Posts

Tora, that sounds perfectly delightful !

Reminds me of how my grandparents drank THEIR tea... always in glasses, with no handles (ouch !) and sometimes with a small touch of fruit preserves dropped in, usually with a sugar cube held between their front teeth that they sort of 'strained' it thru'... they came from Prusssia and Georgia, BTW... we ate some Romanian dishes, but outside of Halvah which SAYS on its label (Yoyvah brand) that it is a 'Turkish Delight', I can't say whether or not I was exposed to any Turkish foods or 'culture'... I know my mother sometimes would cook a sort of Chicken 'stew' with some carrots and sweet fruit (plums, I think, not too sure anymore) that she SAID was 'Turkish style', but I don't know that this was something she read in a cookbook, or had learned from her mother...

Have you ever heard of or eaten Marmalega (Sp. ?)... Cooked cornmeal 'mush' with Hoop Cheese and Melted Butter ? We frequently had that for a Sunday Morning family 'brunch'...

Anyway, it certainly would be nice to actually meet sometime... have you ever visited the United States ?

Yours, too, Magically

Matt

PS. Well, just thought of Cous Cous... I THINK that is a dish common in Turkey ? How about Kasha (Buckwheat Groats) ?... Hoop Cheese is similar to what is called HERE 'Farmer's Cheese'... similar to Feta in 'particle' size and structure, but 'wetter' and much sweeter...)
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
How nice to see somebody who is familiar with Turkish food. Matt, you surely know something about the Turkish cousine. The style your grannies drink tea is still uased in Turkey and called as "KITLAMA" meaning scarsing (yes making scarse !!!) it was used during the days when the sugar was so scarse-but I do not do it. I hope one day I may be able to visit the states and have chance to infuse tea and make coffee in Turkish style to a group of Café members.
You see, it is a fun to be at the Café...
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Matthew,

Yes I'm a magician, one of several woman on this forum that actively performs shows. We'd probably have more visiting if they knew about Tora's coffee! :O)
Matthew the Magnificent
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles, California
27 Posts

Thanks, Tora ! I must confess, though, that I don't think that I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing Turkish Tea ! Maybe someday, HOPEFULLY ! If you DO ever visit 'the States'... well, be sure and let me know !
Matthew the Magnificent
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles, California
27 Posts

Hi, Chrystal !

Yes, I went and checked your profile... should have done that to begin with ! I noted your 'Canada/French' location... does that mean that you are of French extraction, living in Canada, which I understand is not uncommon, or are you actually 'dual-national' ? Just curious... but more interested in knowing if woman magiciennes are as rare 'there' as they are here ? (by 'here', I mean not in this Café, but rather in the US of A....) funny, corresponding with both you and Tora certainly vividly illustrates how INTERNATIONAL the internet truly is, and so our Café is obviously 'borderless'... so I suppose I should say that my 'here' merely refers to the outdoor table that I am currently sitting at, sipping my tea in the warm Southern California sun... while sharing good cheer with people literally spread around our planet ! My, the hospitality here isn't merely warm and inviting, but truly 'global' in its reach !!!

Take Care, Matt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Well, my FIRST 'new topic' ! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL