The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Armchair bowler (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Has anyone here ever used this. It sounds like a great routine. It was published in Apocalypse and in The Yellow Book Of Mentalism. What kind of reactions does it get? Smile
Steve Knight
View Profile
Elite user
Oxford U.K.
479 Posts

Profile of Steve Knight
I can only give you my personal experience but for what it's worth this effect is one of the few that really impressed my ex wife. That took some doing.

It's simple, but it's good.
irishmagic
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of irishmagic
Can you please describe the effect?

Thanks

MIKE
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I've never tried it, but it was always one from the Color Series that was in the back of my mind. I know one day I'm going to do it or some version of it.
Again, as with many good mentalism effects, simple method, but outstanding presentation.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Nir Dahan
View Profile
Inner circle
Munich, Germany
1390 Posts

Profile of Nir Dahan
It is a good effect, but it is possible to improve it significantly by introducing the outs in a better more natural way that is actually connected to the plot.
Ted Lesley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Berlin / Germany
421 Posts

Profile of Ted Lesley
In one of his many TV-appearances Mr. Paul Daniels did the trick and it was with Paul`s showmanship and personnality one of the best items in this partcular show.

I started to perform it in my full evening show "MAGIC & MYSTERY" in 1986 and it was a smashing success.
Ted Lesley

( The "Victor Borge" of Mentalism )
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Quote:
On 2004-07-08 20:12, irishmagic wrote:
Can you please describe the effect?

Thanks

MIKE

Basically, a spectator sits in a chair, and imagines that he is in front of a bowling alley. He sees the ten pins at the end, and bowls one ball, knocking over a few pins. The performer has predicted how many pins were knocked down. Smile
magickdabid--uk
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of magickdabid--uk
I've used this effect on & off for some years, and it has ALWAYS stunned the people watching!. (lay people)
One of the best routines of the colour series IMO.

Dave.
isaacfawlkes
View Profile
Loyal user
FL
256 Posts

Profile of isaacfawlkes
I have used this for a few years also. It has always played well. I used it in both comedy clubs and colleges. I would recommend it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Armchair bowler (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL