The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » REEL MAGIC MAGAZINE - TV For Magicians » » Remember when Reel Magic was a quarterly publication? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Merenkov
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of Merenkov
Believe it or not, it was actually called Reel Magic Quarterly for its first few years, haha. I used to love getting those DVDs in my mailbox. That's all changed, of course. Since May of 2018, when issue 50 was released, there have been a grand total of 4 new issues, so it couldn't even be called 'Reel Magic Annually' now. I know its transitioned into a streaming platform with lots of extras and yada, yada, yada, but I miss the old quarterly schedule (and I also don't want to spend any more time on my computer after I leave the office). Nowadays I just wait three years or so, order the "latest" three issues on DVD and binge watch them (sigh).
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
I def agree with you !!! Not on just that... but I work from home.. pretty much 7 days a week. I am always doing something for a bit.. And working on my computer ALL the time. Not only do I miss DVD's.. but if I get a trick in that I actually have to READ the instructions.. It's a thing of glory.

I used to love popping in a DVD on the big tv.. Table in front of me props in hand. Now to sit in front of my computer, I just don't look forward to it.

Most of the magic instructions when I watch then now.. It's on my iPad when I am relaxing laying in bed ready for sleep and all computered out. So I really watch the stuff.. but then getting around to playing with it actually and performing / practicing it.. Could be days later.
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
www.magicianslair.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » REEL MAGIC MAGAZINE - TV For Magicians » » Remember when Reel Magic was a quarterly publication? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL