The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Café's SSL Certificate Expired (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Topcliffe
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans, LA
149 Posts

Profile of Topcliffe
It looks like the Café's SSL certificate expired so that I get a "Not secure" warning in the URL field, and I get a warning page with every Café link I click. Just want to make sure the system admins are aware of the issue.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Yep, I received the warning too. The trust certificate expired at 4:59:59pm on May 17. Safari would not let me load the site unless I manually overrode the warning. I suspect such measures will prevent some folks from visiting at all.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
Topcliffe
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans, LA
149 Posts

Profile of Topcliffe
Quote:
On May 18, 2023, Magic Mark wrote:
Yep, I received the warning too. The trust certificate expired at 4:59:59pm on May 17. Safari would not let me load the site unless I manually overrode the warning. I suspect such measures will prevent some folks from visiting at all.

Mark

Thank you, Magic Mark. It looks like the problem's solved, thankfully.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Quote:
On May 18, 2023, Topcliffe wrote:
It looks like the Café's SSL certificate expired so that I get a "Not secure" warning in the URL field, and I get a warning page with every Café link I click. Just want to make sure the system admins are aware of the issue.

Thanks but your post is a little redundant. If the problem had not been fixed, you wouldn’t have been able to post and tell us about it.
As others mentioned you could and clicked on “continue anyway” but probably not a good idea when there’s a warning message
Where the magic begins
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I did click to override. So, when I posted at 9:45 am (Pacific), the certificate was still expired. But, not anymore. Thanks!

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Café's SSL Certificate Expired (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL