The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic Stage Left » » Glad to fight and the Pips (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ted Danger
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco/Utila
106 Posts

Profile of Ted Danger
Hey Fellow Wiz's and Wizzers, what's up with the "US" playing card company? Being owned by Belqium, and calling yourself that, seems kinda dishonest. Almost like putting old Glory in Red, White and Blue on beer cans, and sending the proceeds to Brazil and Belqium, but I digress... I've tried to kindly talk to them about getting a gross of bicyles with the reversed pips, Ya know, the other corners.... Yup, they used to make decks that way, for freaks like me, before some traitors sold out. Before I organize a January six style takeover of the Erlanger Kentucky secret headquarters, using go fund me, I'd like to hear if anyone has any lefty decks stockpiled away...Anyone got any left?????
"One may say the eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility." Albert E.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Thanks for sharing
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Ted Danger, I understand your frustration...really I do.

Personally I think that Cartamundi buying The United States Playing Card Co is probably a good thing and for a variety of reasons.

That said, my good friend Lee Asher spoke about this at great length and I agree with him.

In regards to your frustration in having decks made with left-handed folks in mine, there is a solution.

I suspect that left-handed folks make up a tiny part of the playing card market. With that in mind, run a Kickstarter project and have a run of these decks made yourself. Not very difficult at all...they already have the artwork. If there are enough like minded people interested your project should be very successful. Smile

---
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
623 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
Is it just me, or is there something funny about someone using Conservative vernacular while looking to storm the castles, hunting for the left (handed deck)?
Maybe it's just my lame dad style humor, but it made me giggle.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic Stage Left » » Glad to fight and the Pips (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL