The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Computers and Magic... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tyee
View Profile

Louisiana
0 Posts

Profile of Tyee
Ok, so I'm not a magician... but I'm very interested in magic, as I have always been, and I'm from the IT industry, and am commonly known as 'the computer guy' at my company.. Are there many magicians/hobbyists that tend to come from the computer field, or am I a rarity? Smile
Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of Tyler_Magician
I am a magician that is very good with computers. It is a good background to have for magic. It is good to design your tricks on the computer. I have recently been designing tricks and am starting to build them.
-Tyler
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Tyee,

There seems to be a fair number of computer guys I've come across in the magical world. Wonder why that is? Welcome to the Café and please don't hesitate to post or ask a question of your own. It's a friendly place with over 13,000 members from 80 different countries. Have fun!
marlotto
View Profile
New user
East Riding of Yorkshire
5 Posts

Profile of marlotto
Hi Tyee,

As well as many years magic experience, I also have a computer science/information engineering background.
dominik
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
143 Posts

Profile of dominik
I am a computer programmer as well. Over the past 15 years I wrote a lot of programs in my spare time. Now I do it professionally.
I will follow the same path with magic.
ralphgironda
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of ralphgironda
There is a lot of programmers because programmers are like magicians....they are creative....also they see a problem in a trick or routine and fix it just like in computer programs.....

welcome to the Café and have fun with your magic
CamelotFX
View Profile
Special user
Minnesota
596 Posts

Profile of CamelotFX
In my corner of the brotherhood, theatrical special effects, the computer has taken an increasingly larger role day-by-day. I have been a software engineer for 25 years now ("Don't give up your day job") and I use the computer to drive special effects whenever possible, especially large-scale optical effects. It also helps to have a chip-level design background: Think "quad-NAND gates" when you look at an effect like "The Magic Switchboard" and let your imagination run wild (that's not how it's done but it gets you thinking in other directions.) Hope to see more of you around here!
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Welcome my geek friend. I am from the IT field as well....and am a magician.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Tyeee,
Welcome to the Café. You will see that there is a lot to learn here, do not miss this chance...All you have to do is to post. Please have a cup of strong Turkish coffee while you begin to type your next post.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Tyee,
Welcome to the Café. I am sure you will find the Café interesting. There are many wonderful people here. You will find lots of new friends and lots of new ideas here. Please have a cup of strong Turkish coffee while you begin to type your next post.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
Tyee
View Profile

Louisiana
0 Posts

Profile of Tyee
Don't mind if I do!

Thanks for all the warm welcomes... I'm very happy to have found this place, (via a google search result for 'insta-snow,' for what it's worth...) I could easily waste away days reading the archives even...

Thanks again!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Computers and Magic... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL