The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Unknown Item (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

remo118
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of remo118
Hi all. This is my first post and I've been watching for the past few months, with little to add to everyone's excellent advise. I've got a problem and looking for a solution from the esteemed Café members.

Recently I purchased a magician's bag of tricks (he had passed away and his wife wanted to sell them). It was all quality stuff, including many coins, etc. However, there are a couple of effects/items which I have NO idea what it is or does. I have looked in old MAGIC, GENII, etc. to see if there are ads or even routines showing them. No luck. Searched extensively on the WWW (internet). Again, no luck, but lot's of new stuff found.

Anyway, I am not sure it's allowed to post pix, so I'll initially describe 2 of the items (and cross my fingers I'm not revealing something) MODS: Please correct this if I'm doing anything wrong, it's unintentional:

Unknown Item 1): Two brass tubes. Different lengths. One is approximately 6", the other 8". About 0.25-0.5" in diameter. Both have a bolt-like thread at the bottom. Both have brass tops (with threads) that "slip" on. Also, on the side of each tube is "sectioned" 4 times.

Unknown Item 2): Brass donut ring with half-dollar. Of course, half-dollar has big hole also (same as ring). Half-dollar does not come out w/bang ring, so assume it is "glued"/permanent. Is this some part of another routine.

The whole set was suppose to be complete and almost everything else is great (bill tube, nut/bolt stuff, etc.) but these are driving me crazy.

Any help is greatly appreciated and any direction to look is welcomed. By the way, I'm not looking for the "secret" (though would accept), just the effect/name of the trick. I can do the rest.

Thanks again to all who take the time to read the above.
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
I think the first item is for transposing and vanishing coins,
the second is for a Coin production routine.

Sorry I hope this helps.

I suggest you PM a Veteran User here in the Café and send pictures through e-mail. Pictures of your things could really help.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
You are allowed to post photo's. At least other's have done so.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
MagicMasterMatt
View Profile
New user
Yankton, South Dakota
28 Posts

Profile of MagicMasterMatt
It almost sounds ike the first one is some version of "Coin Sqeeze". I don't know the one I have sounds a little different but relativly the same. Mabye that will help even if it isn't what I think it is...

-Matt (a.k.a. "Ace")
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Unknown Item (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL