The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Hopping Halfs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gimmick1586
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of gimmick1586
I just got back from Key West and picked up a set of hopping half gimmick. I was just wandering if there are any other tricks that can be performed with the set besides the usual.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Expanded S. are very useful coins.

Combine them with sleights and you can
get awesome results.

Check out various books like Kaufmans Coin Magic which has stuff from a variety of
sources.

Just start playing and you may come up
with stuff on your own.

Harris Smile
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Yeah, I only have a 100 or so! Take a look at my book list at http://www.stumagic.com/coinjurer/catalog.html, for a list of my books with lots of shell work in them. Also there's a routine or two for the sun & moon coin.

Thanks!

Best, David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
gimmick1586
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of gimmick1586
Thanks alot David. I haven't messed with it yet but I didn't know there was two gimmicks to the English Penny. I was just looking at it and found out.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi yea There is some stuff with A sun& moon coin in Bobo's! I also have A hoping half Routine Where you start out With Two real coins And ring in the gaff during the routine! It's in My Sound Routine book! ( that's My book on the rattle Gimmick) So you hear the coin come back as well as see the coin come back! And There Is so much cool stuff you can do with A shell. The coins trou the table Under A shot glass From Bobo's is just one of them! Ok Man Latter!

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
gimmick1586
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of gimmick1586
Hey David is there any non gimmick way to switch two real coins for gaffed coins? Thanks.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Hi Gimmick1586,

David has the real answer to your question.

I usualy do the non sleight C/S from Bobo's
first and pass both coins for exam. Do something different, and then bring out the hopping half set. No one suspects when they just held them in their hands a moment before, and since you finish clean.....

Hope you got the Johnson set. When you get boredyou can mix them with other sets for some real mind blowers.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
gimmick1586
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of gimmick1586
Thanks for the tip, but David I couldn't find anything under sun and moon, or hopping half in Bobo's. Does it go under a different name.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Quote:
On 2002-08-05 18:10, gimmick1586 wrote:
Thanks for the tip, but David I couldn't find anything under sun and moon, or hopping half in Bobo's. Does it go under a different name.

The sun and moon coin in Bobo's is in the newer revised version, if you are using some paperback version, you probably don't have it.

Dan
Click to visit:
gimmick1586
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of gimmick1586
Oh ok, I pretty much thought it wan't in there.
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
617 Posts

Profile of Geoff Williams
I use Jenest's "Short Hop" routine all the time. The coins can be examined at the beginning and they're gone at the end. What a nice routine.
"Saját légpárnás tele van angolnák."

(Hungarian for "My hovercraft is full of eels")
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Is this on the Jenest videotape Geoff?

Paul.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
It's on Jenest's "Miracles While you Wait" video.
Click to visit:
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
The variations are endless.
Daniel Faith
MagiclDave
View Profile
New user
Maryland
50 Posts

Profile of MagiclDave
You can do a four coin routine with the expanded half shell and have them jump back and forth between the hands

-Dave Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Hopping Halfs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL