The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Lost Works of Bro John Hamman DVDs » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

eryanic
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of eryanic
Anyone has these DVDs yet? It's 6 DVDs all together..

If yes, can you give me a review? Are they any good?
Good tricks? Good explanations? Good camera angles?
erictan8888
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
517 Posts

Profile of erictan8888
Do a search and you should be able to come up with a lot of posts on this topic...

but just to summarise:
a lot of great effects, not so great camera work, cause it was never meant to be released. sound is hardly audible. despite the below average sound, not so great camera angles, I say: get this !! it has a ton of great effects that are very practical.

eric Smile
"Fill you life with magic by making magic a part of your life." by eric tan.
eryanic
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of eryanic
I did make a search....no threads on the DVDs...
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Richard Kaufman taped these vidoes for himself with no intention that they should get out on the magic market.
He did it only to have an backup when he wrote and illustrated "Secrets of Brother John Hamman".
After the death of Bro John Hamman he decided to give out these videoes as 6 DVD's in corpration with Houdini Magic.
The tape quality is not so good, and the sound is not good either. But here is a chance in a lifetime to see a true master at work.
Much of the material on these 6 redicilous low priced DVD's can be found in the book, but there is also many effects never published before.
Together with the book, and with these 97 effects you are sitting on a goldmine.
If you enjoy cardmagic, you will love these DVD´s.
12 hours of sheer pleasure.
Highly recommended.

Peo
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
cpatchett
View Profile
Veteran user
My current prediction is that I have
337 Posts

Profile of cpatchett
Great set, great price, great effects, great man. Definitely should be a must-have for any card fan. (BTW, the sound is only bad in the sense that Kaufmann is loud and Bro. John is fainter because it was shot with an on-camera mic. You can hear both perfectly well if you turn up the sound. Basically the whole thing just looks and sounds like a home video.)

Craig
Magician: Someone willing to spend $15 to learn how to make $1 disappear.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Actually a search turns up several topics and here is just one

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=111
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Lost Works of Bro John Hamman DVDs » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL