The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Snowstorm in China (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

screenman
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of screenman
Hi all
Because of the effect it has on an audience I usually end my parlor/stage acts by "throwing" D'lites into a flaming dove pan to produce a rabbit. However, my next venue forbids the use of live animals. I was wondering if anyone thinks the snowstorm in China would be a good alternate ending. Is this possible to do without assistants? Can you say wet the stuff beforehand and have it in your dove pan among spring flowers?
If you claimed to have stopped time, I would ask you for how long you stopped it.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
There is nothing wet about the final production in the Snow Storm. The presentation may include the dipping torn tissue into a bowl or glass of water. Then you sort of “blow-dry” the wet tissue with a fan. As you fan the torn pieces they fly out of your hand creating the snowstorm. Again nothing is wet.

You also might try using the search function. This topic has been discussed at length before here at the Café’.

I don’t recommend using the trick. It leaves a huge mess. Many venues will not allow this kind of mess be made. If you think that they have objection to the production of an animal then wait for the negative response to the mess of confetti all over the place. Before you perform the trick make sure your clients know what the outcome will be. I think you will be surprised at how few venues will allow you to perform the trick.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
Instead of a live animal, use Rocky! Or a stuffed animal that you could give away? It's hard to give a suggestion without knowing your style or character. Maybe with a little background I could conjure up something that is suitable?
screenman
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of screenman
As far as style, I use mostly manipulation (cards in particular), IT, and small props like the appearing cane/candle and multiplying clocks. I don't speak during my shows but rather use music/movement.

Since I am already planning to use confetti cannons, I think the extra mess made by snowstorm will be blue on black. Making SURE my client knows that I am going to make a mess is however a good idea.

Perhaps I could produce the snowstorm from a spring flower, then set off the cannons (rather than using the cannons for my entrance). Does this sound feasible?
If you claimed to have stopped time, I would ask you for how long you stopped it.
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
You doing a show for PETA?
I have never had someone tell me I couldn't use my live animals in a show. Fire yes but never animals.
Personally, I would turn down the gig.
Daniel Faith
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Snowstorm in China (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL