The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Magic stories (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

prettylady1990
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of prettylady1990
Hi,
I'm doing an assignment for school. It's an oral speaking test and I can read any story I want. I would like to do a story on magicians but I can't find any. Google.com keeps giving me biographies. Does anyone know any sites?

Dannielle
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
Scott Guinn's 'Reminder'is a wonderful story. You can find it in 'Online Vision'.

Hideo Kato
prettylady1990
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Thanks but how do you get there

Posted: Aug 3, 2004 5:52am
Sorry Hideo, that was a bit rude what I said. I did find it but it can't be real. It has to be a fairy tale or a fable etc. I should've been more specific
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Prettylady asks, about the e-zine Visions: ". . . how do you get there?"

http://www.online-visions.com

It is the best of the online magic e-zines and one of the best magic magazines in any form, electronic or hard copy.

(And that's IN SPITE OF my column's being in it!) LOL!

BTW, I have a short speech that I use for lay groups, about magic and its history. If you are interested, just e-mail me and I'll send it to you.
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Try "The Man Who was Magic" by Paul Gallico. It is a wonderful children's story, with a lot of meaning, but may be too long for your purpose. Perhaps you can find a way to shorten the tale.

"Mario and the Magician" by Thomas Mann is an very wonderful short story, but serious and for adults. It concerns our responsibility for the illusions we create, and references the rise of facism in Italy. If that is okay, you will find it very powerful.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
How long a test/reading do you want?

Five minutes? Five pages?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Clay Shevlin
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of Clay Shevlin
If you can lay your hands on past issues of "Magicol" (the magazine for members of the Magic Collectors' Association), you'll find tons of shortish stories and anecdotes to choose from, some as short as a paragraph.
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
Whit Haydn has a fantastic story about performing for a blind girl in "Chicken Soup For The Soul No. 3". I know Whit was upset that the secret was revealed; so I would suggest reading the story and editing out the secret out of respect for Whit. If you don't use the story, at least take the time to look it up and read it. It's a tear jerker.

If you can't get the book, Whit has his own rendition of the event in his book "Street Magic".
Coram Deo
prettylady1990
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the great replies. To answer Jonathans questions: It can go from 2min to 4min. But you see, it has be online for me to print it because the library doesn't have any. Thank you for your help. I'm sorry if anyone thinks I'm trying to get other people to do my assignment it's just I've looked everywhere. Anyhow,I'll find something...

Dannielle
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Magic stories (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL