The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Practicing magic while driving » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Quote:

On 2001-12-02 22:50, yakandjak wrote:

[...]I don't think this is the thread for this kind of levity. But whatever floats your goat.

"Levity"..."floats your goat"... Hey, if I didn't know better, I'd say that was a well thought out and clever bit of wordplay.

If I didn't know better.

Regards,

Thomas Wayne
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
Yep. I thought I would purposefully omit the Smile to see if I could sneak that by anyone. Had I known you would return to this thread Mr. Tom, I would have thought better of it.

Glad to see your shiner's looking better. Smile
Yakworld.
Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
Heyyyy. Wait a second... Smile

Quote:

On 2001-12-03 08:36, Thomas Wayne wrote:

If I didn’t know better.

I think that was an insult (but I’m not sure). But just in case...

Smile
Yakworld.
Carl Rheuban
View Profile
New user
Malibu, California
90 Posts

Profile of Carl Rheuban
If a person wants to use his time while driving, he should listen to Wonder Words.

Carl.
Robin Parker
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
117 Posts

Profile of Robin Parker
What about all the time spent sitting at red lights? Living in Atlanta, I find myself picking up a deck for the pass during this time.
JaymesR
View Profile
New user
Minnesota
53 Posts

Profile of JaymesR
As an interesting side note I've seen some odd uses of time while driving these last few months. Some examples: Shaving (elec. razor), reading a newspaper, reading a book, typing on a laptop mounted on a guys dash, writing notes and on, and on, and on...kinda scary, what's next? And I thought it was distracting to talk on cell phones. Smile
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
Well, in the old days, we practiced our juggling routines while driving. It’s too hard to do pins, but three balling is possible after you learn to drive with your feet. Kinetic juggling can also be done, but numbers is almost impossible, unless you happen to drive a convertable. One word of warning: don’t fire blast while driving. Take it from me and the eyebrows I used to have. Smile Smile Smile

Sable

Smile Smile Smile Smile
I don't believe in reincarnation, but I may have in another life.
amagician
View Profile
Regular user
Hobart Tasmania Australia
160 Posts

Profile of amagician
I am horrified by an early post in this thread. Someone suggested that they expose our methods by practicing palming on public transport!
If Michael Ammar or anyone else suggested that other magicians practice palming or other moves while driving (and such a dumb suggestion from so eminent a source is hard to credit), maybe they are just trying to remove some of their potential competion.
Have a Magic day
John Williams
http://www.ezymagic.com/
more tricks than you can shake a wand at
subscribe to our free ezine on site
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
I'm not for practicing while driving, but I doubt anyone could tell what you were doing if you practiced on public transport. If you can't hide a palm, you don't need to be magician in the first place. You could hold your hand under a newspaper, in your pocket, down at your side. Who would know what you were doing even if you did out in front anyway. Perhaps the magicians standing across from you practicing his finger rolls.

Sable
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
I don't believe in reincarnation, but I may have in another life.
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1031 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
I actually do practice my patter while driving. It is not uncommon for me have to drive to work (which is about an hour from home) and I have scripted out plenty of my routines and rehearsed the patter while visualizing what's next. All while paying attention to the road.

By the way, I shut the H**l up at the red lights because I don't want people in other cards wondering why the DMV gave a license to someone who is talking to himself while driving.
ME
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Practicing magic while driving » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL