The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » The Monkey Cut (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MAK1179
View Profile
New user
Bristol, CT
24 Posts

Profile of MAK1179
Hi guys,
I've searched the forums a bit here and I'm guessing this is one of the best places to post this, as it's more of a general area. I came up with a cut, I doubt it's original, as not much is these days, however I haven't seen it before. I called it the Monkey cut simply because of the motions involved and it needed a name (for now anyway). It's a false cut maintaining the order of the deck. I'd appreciate some feedback on the cut itself.

It'd be best to "Save" rather than trying to open from the server.

http://gamingheadquarters.net/kelley/monkeycut2.mov

Thanks!
-Mike Kelley (MAKMagic@gmail.com)

-=Creator of The Black Deck=-

"There are no limitations, no rules, no boundaries... "
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
That was a pretty good cut, I have not seen it before. I do think it was a bit narcissistic that you named the cut after yourself, but I'll let you slide on that one. Smile
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2956 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
It looks similar to the concept of Troy Hooser's Pengilum cut, but his is much different. I have to say, I like the motion of yours better though. But, I think it can be improved a lot. I think the motion on the third packet should be changed. It looks very obvious that it went onto the packet that was just flipped over. I think if you add more "phases" of the cuts then it would look better. It's too direct and should look a bit more confusing (in a good way). Nice job, I'm going to work on it and see what I come up with.
MAK1179
View Profile
New user
Bristol, CT
24 Posts

Profile of MAK1179
Thanks David and Dan, I appreciate the feedback. I'm working with it a bit more to see if I can give it "more" also. Let me know what you come up with. It's quite basic, I actually came upon it accidently while working with a deck while on the phone.
-Mike Kelley (MAKMagic@gmail.com)

-=Creator of The Black Deck=-

"There are no limitations, no rules, no boundaries... "
Ryan Birch
View Profile
Regular user
North Wales
142 Posts

Profile of Ryan Birch
Hey man, I thought it was really nice, but I was curious about that ghost dog in the background at the end. Was he there when you filmed it?! hehehe

nah, it was great really.

raz
"NO Ryan! I do NOT want to see another one of your silly magic tricks!" - my mum
meilechl
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of meilechl
I've messed with it and m'thinks it looks slightly more confusing if the bottom 2 thirds (final phase) are turned face down and only then is the top third deposited on the deck. Nice cut.
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
Nice! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » The Monkey Cut (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL