The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » The UK's First ventriloquist Association (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

puppet man
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of puppet man
After tearing my hair out due to the lack of resources / materials & contact with other ventriloquists available here in the UK, I am now setting up the UK’s first ventriloquists Association.

Ideally it will form a network of ventriloquists who can help & advise each other, plus provide support & guidance pointing people in the right direction. Maybe in the future it will even supply teaching materials & mediums direct to people from the UK.

I have taken the first steps in forming the UK’s first ventriloquist society.

To really get it established, it would be helpful if interested people, could log on & join the web group

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ukventriloquists/

Together, we can really get the ball rolling and by uniting can become a ventriloquists association in the UK for us all to be a part of and proud of.

If you log on to join, don’t be alarmed at the fact there is very few members at present - These are very early days. I’m certain if word gets around quick enough the ranks will swell and we will have a fantastic online community as the foundation of the actual society.

Please feel free to pass this on to anyone you know who also has an interest in ventriloquism.

Please don’t feel offended by the fact you have to join the group and wait to be granted membership. I want to avoid the spammers etc.

Many Thanks for your time,

Puppet Man

Founder of UK VENTRILOQUISTS
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Ill be vice president, lol, thanks this is something ive had an interest in but ive not really found anywere where I can develop.
Matt
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
Hi Puppet Man. The construction of (quality traditional) vent dolls is similar in many ways to the type of Marionettes we have, i.e. hinged jaws, moving eyes etc. I would find comments on materials used (we use plastic wood), construction methods etc. quite interesting. Am sure quite a few P and J entertainers would also. Have you not thought of broadening to puppets in general?

Also (I may be wrong here) it seems quality makers of puppets are decreasing and soft fabric featureless products seem to be abundantly on sale. A couple of remaining true greats I can bring to mind in the UK - Geoff Felix and Richard Langford. I was also very impressed with the (marionette) constructions of a guy called Franklin Hayes (I think his name was) I was in contact with a couple of years ago in the States.

Tony.
puppet man
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of puppet man
Hey aceparties,

The forum is open to ANYTHING in relation to those who perform with puppets. Ventriloquism will be the backbone of that but absolutely anything to do with puppets, no matter what type or how you use them to perform will all be OPEN. Post your questions, and I'm sure you'll get the right answers...

Thanks for your support
Puppet Man
francis baxter
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of francis baxter
It is COOL
I just registered... If you're a ventriloquist in the UK, please join us, this is refreshing & just what we need!!!

UK VENTRILOQUISTS
UK Ventriloquists was started because of the lack of support & advice available to UK Based ventriloquists from within the UK.
Why is there nothing available within our own country? Why do we keep having to rely on others abroad to provide support, advice, resources, materials & tuition etc?

This web forum is the foundation of which the UK’s first ventriloquist association will be based to finally fill the VOID regarding ventriloquism within the UK.
This group will not only unite ventriloquists from within the UK, but also unite them with ventriloquists from Europe & around the world. Everyone with an interest in ventriloquism is welcome to join & share friendly & quality discussions of all aspects of ventriloquism including puppets, performing, techniques, generating comedy & humour, sharing ideas, sharing experiences, & where experience allows; advice to assist other members to become better entertainers.
Join UK Ventriloquists and help the UK establish the first UK Ventriloquist Association which will keep the art of ventriloquism alive & promote it with passion.

Join today by logging onto http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ukventriloquists/
puppet man
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of puppet man
Good news all... I have this to report

the British Association of Ventriloquists is very well established and has been so for over 3 years. Initially we were the British section of the North American Asociation of Ventriloquists (NAAV) but as membership grew we became independent.

We have our own quarterly newsletter, member Directory, and national & regional meetings/Conventions.
Our membership comprises both Professiona & Amateur vents ... we also have a small number of Honorary members including Tim Selberg, Clinton Detweiler, Terry Hall, & Paul Zerdin.

For details and mebership form go to our web-site on

http://www.brit-vents.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » The UK's First ventriloquist Association (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL