The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » An Unrigged Appearing TV (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shamanking1991
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
3 Posts

Profile of shamanking1991
Hey, I'm a illusionist from Las Vegas, and I need a way to produce a full sized 25 inch TV that is un-gimmicked, I need to do it with little cover too. If anyone has any ideas, let me know, or email me

Thanks
The Shaman

Don't mess with the Power...It's mine.
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
Hi Brendan...I mean shamanking. Welcome to The Magic Café. While I don't know a way to do that, I will suggest that you will probably have better luck with suggestions if you be a little more specific with what you want to produce it out of (A box, behind a curtain...your sleeve? Smile)

:)

Shane Wiker
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Let's see ...

How about a big "Square circle" (or "Square Square" to be more accurate!), something where the sides of the outer box hinge down to expose the TV. I'm thinking something along the lines of the box Ralph Adams used; you can see it on his video. The Adams box didn't have hinged sides, but it was a large square circle.

My next bet would be a large tipover box -- they can accept a load as large as the box itself, and can be extremely deceptive.

A "Mignon" illusion might work if you could get some kind of counterweight balance to move the TV (I seem to remember Paul Osborne had a design of this type.)

All kinds of applications of "Black Art" could work, as well.
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
Great idea Starrpower. Brendan, how big is that tipover trunk you just got? I think a 25 inch TV might fit in there.

Shane Wiker
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
Cross over panels and with this you can even produce a whole Display stand with the T.V
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Most BA and mirrorwork would do this quite well imo...

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
MikeJRogers
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
354 Posts

Profile of MikeJRogers
I had a spare moment, and was feeling generous, so I penned a VERY basic drawing for you - it should be attached.

A simple blackart setup should work fine.

* If the correct lighting is used then the reflection of the TV screen area can be eliminated making the screen blackart itself. You'll need to do a fair amount of experimentation with the lighting though. The 'TV Rim' area should be covered with genuine blackart.

All that needs to be done is for the rim blackart to be removed and the TV turned on remotely to an image I.E Corporate logo. A simple wave of a cloth should give ample time to do all this.

This setup should allow of a relatively quick appearance of the TV and image. Should be quiet a nice visual.

Good luck!

PS: I've kept it vague due to the open forum, contact me for further details if necessary.

Click here to view attached image.
Mike Rogers Illusion Design - Australia - http://www.mikerogers.com.au
"Nothings impossible, the impossible just takes longer" - Dan Brown novel
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
shamanking1991
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
3 Posts

Profile of shamanking1991
Mike Rogers,
Thanks for the drawing and everyone, thanks for your ideas, look for me in the results of the IBM stage competition of 2005, thanks again everyone
The Shaman

Don't mess with the Power...It's mine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » An Unrigged Appearing TV (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL