The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » What these guys are really like (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Daryl and I were teen age dudes together in the San Francisco Bay Area a couple of lifetimes ago. He's easy to be with, session with and have fun with.

I knew Ricky for years, long before he got into the film business... now he seldom shows up anywhere where magicians might be, he's too busy. We travelled to Europe together, roomed at conventions (Paris FISM) ETC. ETC. Unfortunately our paths don't cross much anymore. He is very close to the vest with his magic, which is fine, that is his choice.

I've chatted briefly with Teller, but can't seem to get anywhere around Penn (which is fine, as I don't agree with his beliefs anyway)... as a "pair" they are very orginal and very successful. That I admire.

Whit? Was with he and Doc Eason at Dean's Shoppe today. Whit and I are on the same page, we like to needle one another and everytime I say "Whit Happens" he wants to kick me. Otherwise he is a strong, very BRILLIANT and intellectual performer. Very knowledgable.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
This is great to hear about Daryl. I always got the feeling he was generous and and great guy.

Pete, any Daryl and you stories you could share?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Daryl entered the Originality Contest at FISM. He did a card through plastic bag. Much like card through handkerchief.

I was one of the Jury.

The chief judge said, "We must find Daryl so we can decide if it is original, we need to KNOW HOW IT WAS DONE."

I knew, so I told him. "Daryl palmed the card...etc."

The judge said, "IMPOSSIBLE... I DID NOT SEE HIM PALM A CARD."

To which I replied, "It's Daryl... you don't see him palm cards."

The judge insisted. So I found him and when he showed the judge the judge was flabbergasted.

Heheheheh.

I asked Daryl why he entered such a simple trick?

He said, "I had no thoughts of winning with it, I just figured this was the best way to get the most people to see it... so I could sell 'em at my dealer booth."

Heheheheh.

Some time earlier, I was a judge when he won Card Magic First Prize (that was with his rope around deck ambitious card).

Amazingly, I was sitting in front row with the other judge, ASCANIO... and Daryl BEAT both of us with his deck switch. Neither of us caught it.

DOUBLE HHEHEHEHEHEH
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Pete, thank you for those wonderful stories. Daryl has always been one of my favorites!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » What these guys are really like (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL