The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Abbott's Push Out Gimmick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Does anyone have this item?

It is a gimmick for a bare handed silk production.

I have the "Flip Tip" and I was wondering if it is basically the same thing.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
I have the gimmick. It is not the same item as the flip tip as it uses a different concept. The push out gimmick is in Rice's Enc. of Silk Magic Vol. 1. and Jeff McBride features it on his Stage Magic videos. I have used it and it works quite well. It does require some sleight of hand work so you will need to practice with it.
gerard1973
View Profile
Special user
Michigan, U.S.A.
688 Posts

Profile of gerard1973
Regan:

I don't use a Push Out Gimmick but I noticed that Jerry Mentzer sells a Push Out Silk Gimmick on his website. I don't know if this gimmick is the same as Abbott's Push Out Gimmick. Here is some information about Jerry Mentzer's Push Out Silk Gimmick:

PUSH OUT SILK GIMMICK
Direct from Jerry Mentzer's Lecture!
The Push Out Silk Gimmick is one of the best ways to hold a silk prior to production. However, in his lecture Jerry Mentzer teaches a way to make the gimmick even more useful, and a way of keeping the silk under control at all times, something not possible with the gimmick used in the conventional manner. So if you need a way to produce a silk at your fingertips, this is for you! Supplied is a Push Out Silk Gimmick, plus all the details about how to best utilize it so you won't have to chase the silk wildly through the air. Plus a neat way to produce a second silk from the first! Metal, flesh colored. Use your own eighteen inch silk(s).

Here is Jerry Mentzer's website: http://www.magicmethodsonline.com
"Confusion is not magic."
Dai Vernon
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The push out gimmick is not necessary if you know how to roll or fold a silk for production. The gimmick is just something you will have to ditch after the production.

I have one and have never used it. No need really!
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
Unless you're collecting gimmicks... I bought one years ago and wasn't too pleased with the thing.
Look through Rice's Silk Encyclopedia, there are several methods that work better.
POOF!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Abbott's Push Out Gimmick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL