The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin productions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

click pass
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of click pass
Are these suitabtle for table hopping, I always find that most coin productions, like the 'touch of Midas', make an awful lot of noise when performed. Are these meant more for stage magic or am I missing something?

Thnx for any suggestions
meilechl
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of meilechl
My Coin Production is good for table hopping. Enjoy.
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Take no offense to what I am saying...but if you get noise when doing productions like touch of midas...you are doing something wrong...try to focus on the point where you get the noise...then try making changes.

Mike
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
The Midas Touch is supposed to be silent. That is the whole point!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Coin productions tend to be silent. The noisy part is when folks drop them into a bucket... which helps the routine play to larger groups.

From the Downs/Buckley stuff, to the Ramsay material, all the way to the latest Chris Korn video... all silent productions.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
click pass
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of click pass
I don't know if clarification is necessary here, but the problem I'm having is with the little noise created as the coins separate in my hand. It's like a subtle scraping noise.
BradleyNott
View Profile
Veteran user
Westwood, CA (UCLA)
351 Posts

Profile of BradleyNott
If this is for Touch of Midas, do you mean during the time when you drop one coin at a time from CP to fingertip rest, or when you pick a coin up from your palm up hand while depositing another?
If you were a hotdog, and you were starving...would you eat yourself? I know I would!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Click, can you point us to the moment when this noise happens? Many of us have worked through this problem. If you can tell us the place in the book where you are getting noise, we can discuss without giving away secrets. Have to be careful as this is not secret sessions. Keep asking good questions.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
I don't know if clarification is necessary here, but the problem I'm having is with the little noise created as the coins separate in my hand. It's like a subtle scraping noise.

Clickpass, try holding your right hand a little higher, drop the coin a tad bit slower...also, try CPing the coins a bit staggered...the point I'm trying to make here is to experiment with different hand positions and speed.

Mike
click pass
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of click pass
Jonathan

I have the Dover edition of Bobos' book. Page 90 second paragraph in the Method section. Problem starts after "At first it may seem difficult, but the following move facilitates the action". Bobo then goes on to explain the 'move', and it is precisley here that a noise is generated.

Thnx for all the suggestions I will continue to experiment.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin productions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL