The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Great Patter for Gypsy Thread (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicduro
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
529 Posts

Profile of magicduro
I talk about how the thread represents two people's relationship, the break up and getting back together. I use Max Londano's (sp?) method where you blow on the thread. I call this a kiss. It works very well.

Remember, the real secret of magic is to entertain them not just fool them!
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Quote:
On 2004-08-29 22:56, magicduro wrote:
I talk about how the thread represents two people's relationship, the break up and getting back together. I use Max Londano's (sp?) method where you blow on the thread. I call this a kiss. It works very well.

Remember, the real secret of magic is to entertain them not just fool them!
Yes..you talk about... ..Smile

This doesn't sound like you have interaction with your audience/eg. a member of 'em.. -whilst all the others are watching your communication and actions...
That's the basic of entertainment/catching their attention!.. Smile

I know Eugene Burger has a nice presentation re the thread, but TBH, I do prefer to have some interaction instead of *talking to them*..

Little things..like asking *Do you know what this is*?

When they respond correctly (a spool of thread), I say with amazement, both in mimic and voice: *Have you seen this trick before? ..pause..*have you seen me before ??*

*How do you know it...*aso (Johnny Pauls gag)

A litle later the spec (lady) is asked..something along...
*How long do you think this thread is*(the broken off lenght)

She'll rspond something like *about a meter*..

I look puzzeled and amazed, saying *It is EXACTLY one meter...you HAVE seen this trick before!!!*.

Aso..little things..interaction with a lady left and right..

Shortly before the restauration, the one on my right gets to hold one of the ends (the *short* end), where the pellet is fastened on..
*Carefull, carefull so the ball doesn't fall off*..then a few more gags, like *Have you ever seen a miracle before?* (stolen from Slydini)..Nodding my head..*You'll se one now,... you'll se one now..*.. aso.
Again later, oh well it gets a bit better but I wound't give you all the patter Smile

Anyway, what I mean is that I always found it better to have interation with the spec(s) -this goes for any routine- instead of telling them a more or less silly (sorry, nothing personal, you most likely do it well) story, as I've heared and seen so in many presentations..

I prefer to keep it straight forward by talking WITH them..asking for responce and answer to my (silly) questions..

I also use the *trick* at the beginning to say *I would never dare to ask you such a silly question, but IF I would ask (so and so) what would you say?*.

Just another way to present the hindu-thread, by involving them as much as possible..let one lady hold one end of the thread when restoring it..snap your fingers..aso..

Just how I prefer to do it...hopefully nobody else does do *my way* (now).. Smile

Note, using the Londono (it spells Maximillian Londono) method is another task..no spool, not possible (that easily) to let 'em hold one end.. Smile
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Great Patter for Gypsy Thread (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL