The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » X-Men series and X-Men the movie (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
When I was a kid, I used to watch X-men cartoon series and they really told the story with all the characters in it.
Why does the movie don't have Gambit, Jubilee, Psylock, Apocalypse, Quicksilver, Multiple Man, Forge, Cable, Omega Red, and the rest?
You think it will come out in X-Men 3?
Will Jean Grey be Phoenix in the next sequel?
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
I've read the X-men comics for a long time (and I'm proud to say I still have my comic books!). I remember when the X-men had changed so much that none of the original characters were in the group anymore.

Fans wrote and wanted to see the original gang again, so Marvel created "X-Factor", which was all the original X-men.

I say give the stories time. The X-men comic book didn't gloss over the changes, and neither should the movies.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I hope that X-Men movies become more of a series. They were VERY good. I also would really love to see gambit, he's the best! (I'd also like to see the spiderman movies become a series as well)
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
You're right JOrdini, Gambit is also my favorite. He has something in common with us, he likes cards,,haha! I hope one day they make a movie where all Marvel combines like X-Men, Spiderman, Blade, Daredevil and so on.. It would be great! don't you think?
MISTER E
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of MISTER E
If you get the chance, pop in the X2 DVD, and watch the movie with the writer's commentaries. You'll be happily surprised to hear how many characters they were planning on including in X2, and who they're thinking about including in 3. Sounds like you're a huge fan... make sure you check this out.

-E
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
Gambit wasn't even a part of the X-Men until the TV series. I'm thinking Phoenix/Dark Phoenix will make an appearance in X3.

I'd also like to see Alpha Flight made into a movie.
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Jubilee made a brief cameo in one of the scenes in X2, as did Colossus. You'd only know it from a keen eye, or reading the credits, or researching it on the movie website.

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0290334/fullcredits

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Steve Dela
View Profile
Special user
U.K. London
961 Posts

Profile of Steve Dela
I used to watch the cartoon and am wondering in the films where Gambit is?
I think the films are better than the cartoon versions and my favourite is the 2nd one!
I too hope they do more!

In Magic and films
Steve Dela
http://stevedela.com
Associate Member of the Inner Magic Circle
FFFF
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Quote:
On 2004-09-02 11:40, Rob Eubank wrote:
Gambit wasn't even a part of the X-Men until the TV series. I'm thinking Phoenix/Dark Phoenix will make an appearance in X3.

I was going to say the same thing. Keep in mind that many of the characters you mentioned were not even in the original comics for quite some time.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
Yes, They came along in Issue #94 as the new X-Men. Originally it was Cyclops, Angel, Beast, Marvel Girl and Iceman as the core team. Marvel Girl became Phoenix in issue 101 and Dark Phoenix around issue 126 if memory serves me correctly.
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » X-Men series and X-Men the movie (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL