The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » What is this silk production called? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BradleyNott
View Profile
Veteran user
Westwood, CA (UCLA)
351 Posts

Profile of BradleyNott
A lit match is blown out and turns into a silk in the same hand as the match is held.

It's incredibly simple but I don't know the name.
If you were a hotdog, and you were starving...would you eat yourself? I know I would!
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
528 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
What about: Match to Silk!
Sorry, couldn't resist...
Why do you want to know? Are you looking for props or instructions to buy.
As I see it the method is obvious, One silk, one match, one hand... A one hand silk production with a match, right?
BradleyNott
View Profile
Veteran user
Westwood, CA (UCLA)
351 Posts

Profile of BradleyNott
Well I know the method, I was only curious to know if it had a name.
If you were a hotdog, and you were starving...would you eat yourself? I know I would!
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
528 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Yes, I was aware of that you did (had a method for this).
But the reason I answered the way I did was that you very often these days hear young "magicians" say: Were can I buy this trick, or from which dvd can I learn the secret of that effect? (I don't mean you Bradley!)
Creativity and hard work seems to be lost in the past!
BradleyNott
View Profile
Veteran user
Westwood, CA (UCLA)
351 Posts

Profile of BradleyNott
I fully understand. I only know a few silk productions, and this is one of them. I can't remember where I read and/or learned it but I was messing around with silks today and it came to mind.

The reason I was messing with it is kind of silly but I suppose I'll say it.

I'm in the UCLA marching band. Before each home football game the band waits in a tunnel under the stadium for at least 15 minutes. During this time each section plays their "theme" song.

The saxophones play "Scotland the Brave" as they all do a jig, etc. Everyone watches each section as they play.

Last year the trumpets started playing a Spanish bullfight type fanfare. The thought of incorporating magic into our theme came to my mind as I was fiddling with my props today.

One of my ideas was to produce a large red silk and start to wave it like a bullfighter as another band member pretends to be a bull.

Of course I'd want to produce my own trumpet from the silk and/or my band uniform cape right before the end of the fanfare.

Keep in mind, this is merely my imagination getting the better of me and nothing is planned.

That's why I was curious about the match to silk, thinking of how I could use it in this context.

The trumpet production would be difficult though, and I'd probably use a helper and some clever choregraphy.

I'm not saying that the rest of the guys and gals would want to see me steal the spotlight in such a way, but like I said, it's just my imagination so far.

What do you think?
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
Fire stick to worm web.
POOF!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » What is this silk production called? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL