The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Tarnishing walking liberty's [ . . . (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
joef90
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of joef90
I've just tried the bleach method and it works so well! Soak your silver coins in it for about 20 mins (keep an eye on them; they go black quick) then wash them in water, then polish. I used a metal polishing cloth from a hardware shop but I'm sure any method for shining would do. The black stays in the recesses and looks fantastic (more contrast).
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
Thank you for all your help. This was my final decision. I did nothing. I decided that I shouldn't try anything. I tried some of the things out on other coins, but nothing was what I wanted. But thank you guys. (Though this last post looks good, I think I might try it too on some other coins; you guys are all quite creative.)
Rmax Goodwin
rmaxgoodwin.com
https://rmaxgoodwin.com/
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1062 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
I found the silver polishing cloths that have been treated with a polishing compound are excellent for matching petinas. They work very slowly, with lots of elbow grease, so you can slowly polish a coin up, but not too much. You can get them from any jeweler, but they're also available from Lynetta Welch: http://www.FabricManipulation.com
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
davidmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Lubbock, TX, USA
340 Posts

Profile of davidmagic
Liver of sulphur (very caustic and dangerous) will work perfectly for silver. You can determine how much blackening you want. On the other hand, I do not recommend this and any injury you may sustain from this is your own darn fault!
David
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Tarnishing walking liberty's [ . . . (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL