The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mcdonalds blankety blank (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicah123
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of magicah123
Does any one have a review for this trick!!!!! Is the trick heavily gimmicked? Does it require difficult sleights
thanks
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1780 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
It is a visual stunner, although all the cards are not examinable at the end. Only a basic sleight is needed.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Get it as it is great. You won't be sorry.
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
What happened? A few days ago posts were saying how bad this trick is (and IMO it really is,) and now, all of a sudden, there's nothing but praise.

The ending makes no sense and the McDonald Routine is nothing new or special. Just add a few blank cards and you should be able to put the trick together. This is horrible.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Interesting. I have heard both raves and bads on this trick. I think it is up to the performer to decide if the EFFECT is what is wanted.

I watched it performed by the originator at the W.C. Fields Bar at the Castle and it KO'd the spectators.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Mike Giusti
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Mike Giusti
There's a video performance of Jeff Ezel performing MacDonald's Blankety Blanked on the Hocus Pocus website. Check it out and see if it's for you:

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1296 Posts

Profile of DJG
In his hands it is a piece of art. His timing in greeat! He will be in the midwest in a week in anyone wishes to catch him.
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of tdowell
This trick is obvious on first view of the video. So what if all the other cards are blank? Since you never show the faces of the cards, what does that prove? That you have 36 blank cards along with the other 16 cards of which 4 are suspiciously gimmicked and can't be examined? Wow, great effect!

What does the trick want to be? Blizzard or MacDonald's Aces? I don't know. I wouldn't perform this if it was free.
Neoglobin
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of Neoglobin
I don't think this is as bad as everyone was cracking it up to be. I bet if you showed this to a lay person they would go nuts.
Magically Yours,

Neoglobin.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
I liked it, but I personally prefer A Dream of Aces.....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
There was quite a discussion on it. here's the link:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......09&9
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
GET FADEOUT BY MEIR YEDID THIS FLOORS EM !!!!!!!!!!! no aces just a thought of card.
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1296 Posts

Profile of DJG
Tdowell says:

<<I wouldn't perform this if it was free. >>

Well, then I guess it's good that it's not Smile
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2140 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
Is the move required anything similar to Scarne's 'traveling aces'?
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
I loved watching Jeff perform it live too...It is a thing of silent beauty as he sets it to U2's music.

Go ahead and perform your dry card routine.....Jeff uses his presentaion skills to "Entertain" his groups instead of boring them with a "Card Trick"!

I am not a "Card Guy", but I really enjoyed watching this routine.....
My highest recommendations for someone wanting to add a visual stunner to his closeup sets...This effect should be considered a closer after performing several card sequences....just switch in Jeff's deck and go to town and kill them at the end!

Trust me on this one gang?
~ere-dos~
cardfreakhk
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong SAR
585 Posts

Profile of cardfreakhk
Yes, I agree. Without a deck switch, this effect would look like ...

"Ladies and gentlemen, now the 4 aces are all in this piles! And you guess what? Look at my left sock, it has changed to yellow colour as a kicker!" ^_^

If you don't know the right way, a good sword could just be a decloration.
Don't just dream, stay awake and action!
qkrnei
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of qkrnei
I agree with everyone. Good and bad.

This effect is not for everyone at all. This effect is also not meant to be a magi fooler...per say. It is used to close a routine that has used a regular deck throughout. As Rey Rey said, I just switch decks in the middle and ask if they have time to see one more.

They usually always say yes and typically leave with jaws on the floor. (Thanks Pete B)

As a stand alone effect, it is good. But not good if 'you' as the performer cannot present it. Video demos do not portray effects as they are truly done in person. There is no real buildup or physical connection with the spectator. A trick all by itself can suck (as I have seen others say about this one)...it is truly up to the performer to bring it to life and make it there own.

If you are in town Oct 14,15 & 16th...you can see me do it for a live crowd at the bar. Even if you still think it is the worst trick you've ever seen, we can still hang out, have a drink, share a joke etc. You do have 'your' opinion and 'you' are welcome to it. And I respect your opinion. Even Mike Close fried it in his Magic mag review....I mean really bad. But he was honest in his thoughts and I thanked him for that. All I know is that I have been on my second lecture tour since July and constantly sell out of this product after the demo. Can all these magi be wrong? Really?

Either way, I truly welcome 'all' reviews because pros and cons are important in making a decision whether to buy an effect or not.

Sorry for the ramble..enjoy! (or not)

Also, anyone can call me as well (626 893 5194) if they want to tell me how much it sucks or if you like it. (or just keep posting here.

The Forum is great and informative. Take care!

ps...I'm Jeff Ezell (just incase you did not figure it out by now)
qkrnei
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of qkrnei
Here is something someone sent to me from a guy named David Jones.

Also, here is the exact link that was sent to me:
http://www.magicians.org.au/files/vol5205.pdf

Following FFFF I spent a couple of days in Los Angeles and of course visited the Magic Castle.
The early performer in the Close-Up room was Jeff Ezell. He performed a good card set and then finished with a novel McDonalds Ace routine – instead of the 4 aces assembling in the 4 th packet they were all found face up in the face down deck. Then the deck was spread face up and all the cards were blank. Didn’t spot it coming at all! Jeff also had a great new vanish for one of the aces – wish I could remember it!
qkrnei
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of qkrnei
Quote:
On 2004-09-10 22:59, qkrnei wrote:
If you are in town Oct 14,15 & 16th...you can see me do it for a live crowd at the bar.

I do mean at the Magic Castle...if you need a pass, just private message me...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mcdonalds blankety blank (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL