The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Obscure book is a cold reader's Goldmine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Hey all. Just wanted to share a book I've had for a few years that is an absolute Treasure Trove of cold reading material, and I don't see it mentioned much. It is called "What the Eye Reveals" by Denny Ray Johnson. It is about Rayid, which is a newer branch of alternative psychology that examines the patterns, colors and striations of the iris of the eye. It is closely related to Iridology, which is much older, but whereas Iridology focuses on diagnosing physical symptoms and complaints, Rayid purports to generate massively detailed psychological and personality profiles.

Seasoned readers may already know this book. It is crammed chock-full, from stem to stern, with CR lines and descriptions that could keep a reader happy for years. It is also fully illustrated with beautiful color photos and diagrams. It starts out with the four basic personality types -- Flower, Stream, Shaker and Jewel, and all the possible combinations of them, and gets more detailed from there. The second half of the book is more heavily weighted to "spiritual" and "energy" themes, which are also great resources.

This is a great resource, and whether or not you believe in Rayid, you'll find this book rich with information you can adapt to any oracular divination system. You can also use Rayid itself as the system. It's all laid out in the book. And, like handwriting analysis or numerology, the general subject matter lends itself beautifully to BOR pitch booklets, if you do parties or demonstrations. I got mine from a chain bookstore for $35, but it is also available here:

http://www.rayid.com/main/book-wer.htm

I notice the website also has many other materials available on the subject, including cheaper charts, booklets and tapes, but I only have the main book, which is MORE than enough for me!

Seth
El_Lamo
View Profile
Special user
Canada
589 Posts

Profile of El_Lamo
Seth,

Your prompt helped me. Thank you.
I will post another suggestion in secret sessions.
I know that you will be visiting there soon.

Cheers - El Lamo
Life is a system of circumstance presented coincidently in an illusory way.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Obscure book is a cold reader's Goldmine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL