The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Rubber Neck Illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

boney
View Profile
New user
Rob
7 Posts

Profile of boney
Hello, people. Has any one ever seen the rubber neck illusion performed, or do you have it?

See this link, or type "Rubber Neck illusion" in a google search. http://www.kjmagic.com/catalog/effects02.html

I have been trying to make an illusion similar to this. Well, anything really that involves making the head disappear.

My question is really about the costume used. I am having dificulties in designing it to look good. What I want to know is if the costume used in rubber neck looks like a long waistcoat. Is it a full coat he is wearing? Is it just a fake front? Does it have a back? How does it stay on? How does it stay in place in the illusion?

Does anyone have ANY insight as to how to go about doing this? Any books, any help would be most appreaciated.

Thanks

Rob

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
boney
View Profile
New user
Rob
7 Posts

Profile of boney
Hello again, people. Actually a better picture of this illusion can be found here at this link:

http://stevensmagic.com/CurrentCatalog/b......ames.asp

Rob
boboangus
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of boboangus
Its just a doctors coat
Magic Monkichi
View Profile
Elite user
Ontario, Canada
401 Posts

Profile of Magic Monkichi
Boney;

You may find that you aren't getting very many replies to your post. On the Café members do not discus the workings of illusions. Discussing routines, and original ideas is more for the open forum. Questions to the exact workings generally go unanswered, you may want to try a different approach IE: asking for a review.

Matt
collective foundry
View Profile
Inner circle
1404 Posts

Profile of collective foundry
Or more directly:
Try not to go about designing someone elses effect. Do your own thing . Its one thing to ask advice on what works and what does not but your aksing questions about the workings of an illusion YOU DO NOT HAVE the right to be asking about. Its not your effect, its not your design & its not your place to be asking others to divuldge the secrets of another deisgner so that you can copy his/her effect. Again. Its one thing to ask a review - or what works and what does not. But just to ask us to fill in the blanks for your building something "Similar".

So. My advice is: Fill in the blanks yourself. You may find your imagination comes up with something more deceptive or better looking or just plain differnet. BE YOURSELF - Try creating mind blowing magic on your own - try to make things different from what has allready been created..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Rubber Neck Illusion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL