The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Book TRICKS? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mr Secret-ary
View Profile
Regular user
Bath, England
106 Posts

Profile of Mr Secret-ary
No, not Book TESTS, but actual effects using the familiar leather-and-paper combo article. I've seen a couple of goodies - flaming ones and a giant one whose pages mysteriously turn: any more that anyone could recommend? Thanks!
Sam Haine
View Profile
Regular user
San Jose, CA
159 Posts

Profile of Sam Haine
Greetings,

I have been working on a bible that tears its own pages out and spits them in a "fountain"...

Unfortunately, success has been elusive.

Sam Haine
Magical entertainment for charities www.sam-haine.com
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
While this may not exactly be what you're after, for a series of library-reading shows a while back, I made up several hollowed-out books that held the tricks inside them (e.g., "Practical Knots" was the cover and inside was a rope, for a rope routine).
Come to think of it, I don't know why I ever stopped doing it.
Maybe it's time to "revisit the past."
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
Mr Secret-ary
View Profile
Regular user
Bath, England
106 Posts

Profile of Mr Secret-ary
Sam - I'M SCARED! Incredibly cool and disturbing idea! Peter, thanks so much: I recently had some fun at our club's Book Night, by leading rather pompously up to reading from an alleged tome, then producing various items from it as apparent 'interruptions' - the final one being a Flashback! Your suggestion takes the idea further and I really like it! Just don't know if I can be bothered hollowing out books: my own was one of those home-safes, designed to look like a book. Hmm, maybe time for a trip to the local hardware store...
lyndonwebb
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of lyndonwebb
if you check out visions and get Peters number of the beast,with it I use a hollowed out bible (as per the aracana of bizarre magick)
that belonged to aleister crowley then the bible turns to revelations(on its own no thread)
to display 13:18 with an old pic of aleister inserted.
anyway I like it
lyndonwebb
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of lyndonwebb
And the chapter is underlined in REAL blood.
Mine, as I cut my finger when I was hollowing it out Smile
Doug Byrd
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
361 Posts

Profile of Doug Byrd
Think of the extra large loads if you hollowed the book all the way through the cover on the back and then used it in conjunction with a black art table.

"Hey Roccky! Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat...

From the Dark Side,
Doug
"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Book TRICKS? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL