The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Up In Smoke (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicalan
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of magicalan
I called my local magic store and asked if they had Up In Smoke by Paul Cummins. I then found out they stopped making this video. Is this true? Do you know where I can get this video Thanks!
-Alan Smile
steve proescher
View Profile
Regular user
Virginia Beach
147 Posts

Profile of steve proescher
Paul's website is:

http://www.fasdiu.com

He lists the video on the site.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
This is a great video.

I prefer using the Tenkai/Goshman rather than
the move he describes in his coin work.

This is just a personal choice.

Harris Smile
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Chris S
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of Chris S
alan, I have the video and unfortunately I find most of the techniques rather ticky because my fingers are rather thin (it sounds like an excuse, but the fact is, the Rosenthal backclip, which many of the tricks rely on is (at least to me) not that practical for us spindly finger types! That being said, there are some really great effects in there for those who can do the backclip.

If you cannot locate the video, let me know and maybe we could work out a trade or something.
May your moral compass guide you true - South West is where the honourable man fare. Pity those who lose their way...
j_williams13
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of j_williams13
Hi Chris,
I do a lot of Roth stuff. I have mastered all of his videos. That Up In Smoke video sounds like a good one to study. I am 16 and love coin magic. If you are willing to sell it, please let me know. My email is j_williams13@excite.com
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I saw Paul do some of the stuff, years ago, at one of Tony Miller's parties after the MCCC. The material is excellent!
Smile
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
I agree. Paul does some pretty cool tricks. I have the video, but I also find the backclip difficult. Smile
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Aaron Isaacs
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Aaron Isaacs
I found with some serious practice time, the clip isn't that hard to master. you just need to dedicate yourself to learning it. I think this to be one of the best tapes I own. I've watched it over and over. Paul is a great guy and if you see him somewhere he is more than willing to help you out.
Chris S
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of Chris S
yes, Paul does teach his techniques well, but I still contest that some hands simply are not designed to do the backclip. I would like to think that I never give up on a move prematurely, but this one had me beat. I am patently aware that my claims could so easily be placed in the same box as those who say that palmig a card is too hard becase their hands are too small - this I do not think is true, but the Rosenthal backclip is in a different category though.

I just want to make possible buyers of Paul's video aware of this. It has wonderful effects, but they may not be physiologically possible for some hands.
May your moral compass guide you true - South West is where the honourable man fare. Pity those who lose their way...
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
I have thin fingers that "window" between the 2nd and 3rd finger where the coin is held in back clip.

It IS possible to do for me. The keys are when Paul teaches "rolling" the coin deeper - and slightly moving the ring finger up. You will see what I am talking about if you watch the video.
Click to visit:
magicalan
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of magicalan
Thanks for the replies! Smile Saddly, I too have small skinny hands. Smile My hands are so small I have to use quarters instead of half dollars. (I have the hands of 8 year olds!). I'm only 13 so mabey my hands will grow Smile Thanks
-Alan Smile
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
I just got an email today that Denny and Lee's http://www.dennymagic.com just got the video back in stock for $35 if you are still looking for it.
Click to visit:
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Up In Smoke (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL