The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Member Poll » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Flec
View Profile
Special user
UK
585 Posts

Profile of Flec
Hi Steve, just wanted to put forward a suggestion?

There seems to be a few peopel getting a bit ticket off with, shall we say "pointless" posts. Well they are pointless to some, but not to the ones who post them obviously! I am talking about the posts that include "name your favourite" or "what would you do?" or "do you prefer?"

see here for a clash of opinions... http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......2&17

These types of posts do not help people, when your catch line is "magicians helping magicians," but they do provide good reading material none the less. Do not take this as a complaint though, I myself have been guilty of posting the odd "silly" question from time to time.

What I am suggesting is an area of the forum dedicated to surveys and questions of this calibre? I am a keen musician, and many of the bands websites that I visit have forums similar to these with many different "rooms" for different subjects, and a "member poll" room is quite common. Here web user can post questions that have no real advice to give, but just provide friendly reading material.

Just a suggestion, and NOT a complaint!
Niko
View Profile
Special user
England
599 Posts

Profile of Niko
This is a good idea. A forum for 'silly' threads when readers just want to have a bit of fun.

-Niko
When you do something right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
Doesn't "Not very magical, still..." meet that need?
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
Dr.

At times it not only meets but exceeds it. Smile

Frank
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
francisco
View Profile
Loyal user
Coolest guy in the café
267 Posts

Profile of francisco
Got to agree with the good Doctor there

go to 'Not very magical, still...' there's all the pointless posts you could ever want!

-Francisco
'When you steal one trick, they call it plagiarism. When you steal many - they call it research.'

[Corinda, 13 steps to mentalism]
Kevin Ram
View Profile
Special user
Travelling through Europe
791 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ram
Yeah, the'not very magical' topic is great.

always good for a laugh
"Your the Italian stallion" As said by my g/friend
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Member Poll » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL