The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Explosion" by Dean Dill » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
It's brilliant. But, I would not get this unless I was doing it for television or very big shows. Not so much the cost, but it's heavily gaffed.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
Richard,

Yes it is worth the $1000.00 to someone who is willing to put in the practice and has a place to perform it. It requires a table and better yet a Dean Dill pad. While you won't break any fingers learning it, it does require a light touch and lots of practice to get smooth. It is available in half dollar and Silver dollar sized coins and your choice would depend on the size of your hands.

It is a great effect and kills laymen and magicians alike. How many tricks do that?

It is worth it, but perhaps not to you at your stage of developement. The previous advice you got to try some of the other hand matrix routines, was very sound. This is something you work up to and I think it will take a lot longer than 3 months to really get it down.

Kirk Grodske
Socalesq
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Socalesq
I am considering purchasing Explosion myself, mainly because I bought one of Dean Dill's boxes when they first came out and was very pleased with the quality of the box and the thinking behind it. I'd expect the same for Explosion.
icuryy
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I own this effect and the coins manaufactured by Jamie Schoolcraft are amazing. The effect comes in either half dollar or dollar sized coins. It also comes with an instructional video. I do not believe Mr. Dill has it on DVD yet. You do need a lot of space to perform the effect and I also highly recommend Mr. Dill's production pad. Although it is not necessary to use it for this effect, it is, as well as all of this other pads and items, are of the highest quality.

Even though the coins are masterfully made up, it is by far not a self-working effect. Considerable time and effort must be made to practice this effect. The slights are not that difficult but they do need to be performed smoothly and effortlessy. In addition, you must do significant practice in order for your hands to glide along the pad in a seemless choreography. Some have this effect but few perform well. It is a wonderful effect that deserves and demands practice.
I would highly receommend obtaining Mr. Dill's DVDs from his site or from your favorite magic dealer to give you a sense of the type of sleights you will need to perform. These are great DVDS anyway.

Finally, Mr. Dean Dill is one of the nicest and honest performers/magic dealers you will meet or do business with.

Best regards,

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
owenscott
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of owenscott
Argh .. this better be worth it I don't like real player but ill install it just to watch it. Here goes nothing, if I am not here for several days its because Real Player reacted badly to my computer, and I had to reinstall my OS.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Explosion" by Dean Dill » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL