The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Chris Kenner's Magic Man Examiner (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wdmonroe
View Profile
New user
va beach, va
33 Posts

Profile of wdmonroe
Does anyone know where I could buy a copy of some or all 4 volumes of Chris's Magic Man Examiner?

Cheers,

Bill
as you help others; you in turn help yourself.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Better news of a sort Bill, Richard Kaufman is republishing the hardcover book Totally Out of Control and that contains several items, if not all, that appeared in MME 1-4. Also has lots more cartoons and the Kenner/Liwag art gags. I believe he's running a pre-publication deal postpaid for less than the retail will be later.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Keep checking ebay if you have. One week issues 1,2, and 4 were up for sale. Each went for about 30 dollars a piece. I'm only looking for vol 1. I'm having trouble tracking it down, as is everyone else. These are so difficult to find. It is ridiculous.

I only want to learn 4 coins and a Philipino. Grrr!!!!
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Four Coins and a Filipino is in Volume 2, not 1.
Click to visit:
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

It's also in Totally Out of Control and available by pre-order now, for less than the cost of those MME. Here is the link to Kaufman's offer:

http://www.geniimagazine.com/kaufmanandco/

It's at the bottom of the page.
Marc01
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of Marc01
I have Totally Out of Control and it's a wonderful book but Four Coins and a Filipino is not in this book. I'm also looking for this routine.
DVA
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of DVA
Actually Four Coins and a Filipino isn't in MME. A variation is and it's called 'From the Deep' or 'The Deep'.

I was very lucky and got mine from Chris personally and they're signed!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Four Coins and a Filipino is the first trick in Issue one.

It starts on page two, and the sidebar reads: TRIK One.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Thanks Jon, its been a while since I looked it my MME's - I thought it was vol. 2.

DVA is right - "Four Coins and a Filipino" is similar to "The Deep," but it is not the same handling.

Four Coins and a Filipino is definitely not in Totally Out of Control.
Click to visit:
johnny jones
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of johnny jones
A couple years back, I believe, Chris was selling (or practically giving away) volumes 1,2, and 4 for the grand sum of $10 for all 3 sets. A friend lucked out and managed to snag those, and lucky enough I guess, I had them in my possession for a month or two.
JJ
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Do you know when this book will be at dealers? It is just my luck that I drop some money on ebay and then they get re-printed. Cry.....

Thanks,
Lee
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Kaufman is re-printing Out of Control. See Genii for early bird price.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Another question.... Will they rewrite some of the book? In almost every method discription I see an error in the handling.

Lee
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Let me clear that up.... The handling them-selves aren't bad, in fact I love this book. However, I was pointing to the fact that the books leaves out key instructions to the effect. Like in twister, what do you do after you reverse the packet? It says to Jordan count but, the jordan count I know wouldn't work. Great book though... I hope my book was the only one the had 'the missing link' printed in it.

Lee
Quentin
View Profile
Inner circle
1020 Posts

Profile of Quentin
It is being reprinted at last
Details here: http://forums.geniimagazine.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=50203
acortest
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of acortest
Just pre-ordered mine from the Genii website. Thanks for the heads up!
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
13 years later... can't wait lol
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Shipping the first week of January.
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1256 Posts

Profile of Salby
I already own the 1st printing of "Out of Control" (Love it). I would like the 4 Volumes of "Magic Man Examiner", but I don't want to purchase "Out of Control" again with it. Anywhere that I can purchase just the "reprinted" 4 Volumes of the "Magic Man Examiner"? I don't want to spend $75 for a big part of something I already have.

I even own "The Right Stuff", a 1985 compilation of Chris Kenner, but written by John Mendoza. Anything by Chris is GOLD!!!
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Chris Kenner's Magic Man Examiner (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL