The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Amazing body tricks (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Itay
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Itay
Hello to you all,

I would like to ask for your help:

I am looking for stunts/feats/illusions you can do using only your body.
They do not have to be magic tricks or illusions with “secrets” (such as the twisting arm illusion)-
I just need some amazing stunts that make people entertained.

One example for such: the illusion of pulling the stretched hand from the shoulder, some finger tricks and even some basic contortion tricks etc.

I bought the Andrew mayne’s book "body morphin" (great book)
and the martin Gardner's “encyclopedia of impromptu magic” (great book).
I also heard about the "body magic" book but was not able to get it for a reasonable price.

I also learned some mime tricks and illusions such as the illusion of gliding across the floor etc, but didn’t get enough information/tricks.

The stunts/feats/tricks I am looking for do not have to be magic tricks, rather a nice illusions or amazing body feats (even if I need to practice them hard)

I will appreciate any idea or information.

Thanks,
Itay
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
Hand inside hat. It could be found in Jim Pace's video called Visual Antics. A very good purchase! Smile
Itay
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Itay
Thanks dynamiteassasin,

I am looking for stunts that use only your body, without anything else (such as hats etc..)

Thanks anyway for your help.

Itay.
Eight Spades
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio (northwest)
482 Posts

Profile of Eight Spades
I got a chance to see Meir Yedid perform his disappearing fingers routine in person. It was very different, and even more impressive. I'm pretty sure he's got in on DVD.

-Christian
"Tricks are only the crude residue from which the lifeblood of magic has been drained." -S.H. Sharpe
salamangkero
View Profile
New user
Phillipines
71 Posts

Profile of salamangkero
Have you seen d. Copperfields twisting and untwisting arms????????its one of my fave!!!
when love and skill work together expect a masterpiece!
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Seconds to Meir Yedid's ideas for "body tricks"
His finger fantasies DVD, and his Twisted arm illusion are great for just that.

Be sure to look up "the third hand" in the right performing setting it can work real wonders, I know Finn Jon has a "hand through body" effect, unsure if it's on print though.
-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
what the...?
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
378 Posts

Profile of what the...?
Not quite impromptu though.
The great Sandwich!
enigmatic aura
View Profile
New user
glitter of neutrons, protons, electrons
50 Posts

Profile of enigmatic aura
I third Meir Yedid's "finger fantasy" dvd. Very impromptu finger magic that could be done anywhere.

As for any amazing body feats, you should look up "popping" videos by Mr. Wiggles. I've been dancing for quite some time, and I figured that if you like "gliding on the floor", then these popping vids will probably suit you. It doesn't necessarily have to be for dancing, as you can do robotic gestures, wave-live gestures, etc.

Also, if you're into mime work, then get the "mime book" by Kipnis. I learned a great deal of popping with Wig's vids and Kipnis's explanation on isolating body parts.

Lance
Beauty of poetic magic...

Poetry isn't written to be analyzed. It is meant to inspire without reason; to touch without understanding.
- Nicholas Sparks
Itay
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Itay
Thank you all for the help.

If any new idea comes to mind, please inform here on the forum.

Yours,

Itay
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Take a look at the Magic Menu, Jim Ryan issue. Kathy's Screwy Finger Bit kills - people actually think you are using The Force to make their fingers move!

Also, there's a wonderful book out there about the Georgia Magnet, which has a lot of material on "deflection" magic using only your body and someone else as a "test subject."

If you can find a copy of Fisher's Body Magic (out of print - I'd LOVE to see L&L do a re-print, frankly!), you will have an encyclopedia of material to work with.

Highly recommended.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
enigmatic aura
View Profile
New user
glitter of neutrons, protons, electrons
50 Posts

Profile of enigmatic aura
May you give an example of "deflection" magic? I can't picture what "deflection" magic would look like.

Thanks

Lance
Beauty of poetic magic...

Poetry isn't written to be analyzed. It is meant to inspire without reason; to touch without understanding.
- Nicholas Sparks
bjiamin
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of bjiamin
Think many people should know this, but it works quite well for kids (perhaps use as a start) ... kind of bend your left hand's thumb and put it next to your right's (also bent) so that it appears to be a complete thumb. cover the 'joint' with the 2nd and 3rd finger of the left hand and after that you can make it seem that your thumb can disconnect and slide up and down the right 2nd finger
ljgrant
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of ljgrant
I bought the original Twisted Arm Illusion booklet a long time ago, after Harry Anderson did it on The Tonight Show . Somehow, I tried and tried but couldn't get the hang of it.

I happened to see an excellent live performance by Mr. Yedid, and asked him afterwards about the trick, explaining that I didn't understand the drawings in the booklet. I showed him the way I did the trick and he explained it right there. Problem solved.

Now, of course, this is available on dvd.

It's an always-ready effect, as long as you are dressed for it. (I don't want to tip the workings.)
DamienT98
View Profile
Regular user
London UK now live in Austin Tx
180 Posts

Profile of DamienT98
With a little practice after seeing it on TV, I can now fold my tounge in half and stick it out.

You'd thing a marvelous thing like this would impress the women. It rarely does.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Amazing body tricks (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL