The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Hi folks, I'm finally back. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dondrake
View Profile
New user
Lompoc California
26 Posts

Profile of Dondrake
I've been recuperating from a long hospital stay, and some very critical and intensive surgery. Glad to be back at the good old coffe house -:)
My new book MORE BLACK ART BREAKTHROUGHS, is finally finished. This is not an ad, if you are interested, please contact me. I will be glad to help anyone with their black art questions, and it will take a little time to catch up. Thanks for reading, yours in Black Art magic, DONDRAKE
Yours in Black Art Magic, DONDRAKE
"Remember, be a MAGICIAN, don't just do tricks!" Alwyn Stevenson, 1960 (RIP)
plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
Hi Don,

Nice to know your back. Hope you get well soon. meanwhile I wanted to ask you a basic question. Since I even have your earlier book. Black Art as the way we refer it does not have to use UV lighting right. What do you feel about using UV lights for a particular illusion which requires black art but not a black art act by itself. If required I could PM you on this. Thanks for the help. Bye.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Hello Dondrake,

Welcome back. Glad to know that you have recovered from your illness.

I'm a lover of 'Black Art Magic' and eagerly look forward to the release of your ‘NEW BOOK’.

Take care.

Regards,

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
Welcome back. And glad everything went well.

Michael
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
Welcome back.
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
Laughing Otter
View Profile
Loyal user
Behind you!
205 Posts

Profile of Laughing Otter
Welcome back! I'm so glad to hear you are doing well.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Hi Don and welcome back. I'm sorry that you have been sick. I just placed an order from you a couple of days ago. Thanks for being so prompt to respond to my questions and for being so helpful. I haven't recieved it yet but I am excited to get started on the projects.

Magically yours,

Regan
Mister Mystery
prettylady1990
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of prettylady1990
Welcome back
magicruss
View Profile
New user
So. California
14 Posts

Profile of magicruss
Quote:
On 2004-09-26 09:03, plainman007 wrote:
Hi Don,

...What do you feel about using UV lights for a particular illusion which requires black art but not a black art act by itself...

Plainman,
I use black art in my act. Don built my backdrop. We have discussed the lighting thing pretty extensively. UV lights (blacklights) tend to light up things you don't want lit (such as loose threads, lint, etc.). The best way to light black art (according to Don) is from the sides. Place your lights on both sides, slightly downstage. This gives the illusion of lighting from the front, without ruining the the black art effect as direct lighting from the front would. Also, the placement of small spots with blue gels around the perimeter of the stage, facing the audience helps the black go even blacker.

Hope this helps,
Russ
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
Welcome back Welcome back Welcome back! Smile
It's nice that you're home..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Hi folks, I'm finally back. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL