The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » New Encyclopedia of Stage Hypnotism (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

triXter9669
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of triXter9669
Hello all. This is my first post, but I have been reading on here for quite some time. I have a question about the above book. Is the information in this book practical to use OFF STAGE?

I wouldn't want to do anything on stage to be honest, and I know the title states STAGE HYPNOTISM, but could I use it per se one on one in a friend's house?

Just curious. Thanks.
Hypnotic Winter
View Profile
Special user
Ireland
720 Posts

Profile of Hypnotic Winter
The answer to your question is yes. The information can be used almost anywhere. I mostly do it in performing hypnosis in people's homes, as I am hired for psychic evenings. You will want an absolute minimum of 10 people present or the material may not be surefire.

H.W
When your only reality is an illusion, then illusion is reality.
triXter9669
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of triXter9669
Are there any books you could recommend, H.W, that would be ideal for one-on-one situations? A book that has many principles in place?

Thanks.
Hypnotic Winter
View Profile
Special user
Ireland
720 Posts

Profile of Hypnotic Winter
You will find information in the stage encyclopedia that will function for one-on-one inductions but not always. Stage hypnosis doesn't usually focus on difficult people, and these are the people you will encounter most in the one-on-one situation. On stage you have the luxury to avoid them.

H.W
When your only reality is an illusion, then illusion is reality.
Karswell
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of Karswell
The books strength is the amount of ideas and knowledge for the stage arena, as well as the amount of ideas it will stimulate. Many of these can stretch to one-to-one or small group settings.

However, as far as an encyclopedia of *hypnosis* or covering its principles, it is sorely lacking, even old-fashioned.

Sleep…

Nick.
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2268 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
Although it is a very old book I would also recommend you read Complete Course In Stage Hypnosis by Robert Nelson also. This will give you another angle from which to see the art.

I am similar to HW (well far better looking of course Smile ) in that I perform a lot of house parties and psychic nights. Hypnosis and knowledge of such power is useful for creating all sorts of amazement, so even if you are not going to use it on stage it's worth knowing a bit about it.

Just a couple of thoughts,

Kind thoughts,
Kennedy
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
lawrencetreagus
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of lawrencetreagus
The book os good. Read it and try it, although I should say be careful and don't try anything you don't fully understand too soon.

I lent a friend this book, and very soon he was able to induce deep trance levels.
The inductions to me are all of a similar nature. "Harry Arons" has some good alternative inductions that I have read, but I still often refer back to Ormond.

Regards.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » New Encyclopedia of Stage Hypnotism (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL